Financial Data Migration Specialist
Financial Data Migration Specialist £60000 + Huge benefits Newcastle Permanent
Financial Data Migration Specialist
£60000 + Huge benefits
The post holder will be an expert in data from within the BSA and will liaise with data experts from partner organisations and the IT Director working with the finance department and preferably with finance experience you will handle the ETL and transfer to the FV system .
* To be responsible for the operational aspects of the data migration required for Divisions to transition to the new FV System based upon the COINS platform.
* To lead and undertake activities that ensure the highest level of integrity of data transferred to the new FV system is achieved.
Duties and responsibilities:
The following list of duties and responsibilities is intended to reflect the principal elements of the Data Migration Specialist's role only and is therefore not exhaustive.
* To support the FV project team to define the data standards required for the new FV system.
* To define the processes, software and templates that will support Divisions to extract, cleanse and upload data to the new FV system (working with the Group IT Director and IT suppliers).
* To work with Divisional personnel to understand the Excel data sources, and then develop tools to assist in reformatting and manipulating spreadsheets to new formats suitable for upload to COINS databases.
* To work with Divisional personnel to develop and test solutions to assist with the upload of financial and commercial data into the COINS databases.
* To develop methods to efficiently cleanse data sources prior to upload, and in accordance with the FV system data standards and policies.
Job Description and Person Specification - Financial Data Migration Specialist
* To support the pilot implementations of the new system and ensure that learning from these regarding data aspects is fully reflected in the processes, software and templates to be used to replicate the data migration process to other operational Divisions.
* To develop a good understanding of COINS data structures and work alongside their consultants to support upload of data into the COINS databases.
* To support the design and implementation of the ETL processes used to populate a SQL data warehouse, which will transforming data sources from a number of systems including the COINS database, existing Great Plains database and data sources from other systems (such as the Sales database and the Forecasting database).
* To design and develop automated methods for testing and validating data uploaded to the new FV system.
* To lead the definition of the user acceptance testing approach for Divisions which will be used by them to validate and test the new system post-data load and prior to 'Go Live'.
* To own and manage reject and exception handling processes associated with the ETL tools and to ensure that these issues are brought to a satisfactory resolution
* To be a proactive advocate within the project team for good data quality in all respects of the FV project.
* To document all data migration processes and ensure this documentation is keep current throughout the project life.
* To provide regular updates to the project team on progress of data migration tasks.
* To carry out any other reasonable tasks in accordance with project needs as requested by your manager and the project team.
Essential criteria relevant to the job
(Requirements necessary for effective performance in the job)
Skills, knowledge and aptitude
· Strong financial and accounting background
· Strong understanding of Information technology and relational Databases (ability to query data
using SQL), experience of using Multi-dimensional cube BI tools, (QlikView/QlikSense,
Power BI, TM1/Business Objects).
· Good communicator with the ability to understand operational sensitivities, such that
migration tasks take full account of these.
· Customer service ethos, working with customers to solve problems
· A problem solver with a good analytical mind to think through problems and arrive at the most
· Commercially focused, with the ability to apply this knowledge when developing new reports
· Focus on meeting deadlines, and will 'go the extra mile' to ensure that compromises are not
taken to achieve them.
· Methodical with a strong attention to detail and a passion for accuracy, ensuring that uploaded
data is rigorously tested.
· Enthusiastic, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
· Ability to work cross functional to ensure the needs of all stakeholders are met.
Qualifications and training - essential
· Financial, Business or IT related degree.
· Expert knowledge of SQL, and knowledge of other query tools.
· Advanced Excel
Qualifications and training - desirable
· Accountancy training (e.g. ACA, CIMA etc)
· Experience of SQL server performance tuning and monitoring.
· Additional IT professional qualifications such as BCS Diploma etc.
· 5+ years systems support and administration experience
· 5+ years of ETL and SQL query tools
· Experience of working on major data migration projects for large customers (working on a
This role offers a great salary with an excellent benefits, it also offers a wide variety of other perks like and healthcare.
You will also have the opportunity to work with the latest technologies and work alongside people with a real passion for what they do.
Call To Action
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career or if you know someone else who is suitable we offer a £500 refer a friend scheme.