Supervising Social Worker - Kent
3 days left
- Full Time
An established, recognised and successful Independent Fostering Agency and Charity are looking to recruit an experienced Supervising Social Worker to join their supportive and friendly team in their South London / Kent Office on a full time, permanent basis.
You will be covering the Kent area and some parts of South East London. This organisation is proud of the quality service they deliver to carers, young people and Local Authorities, where a strong emphasis is placed on safeguarding the well-being of all children placed with them through careful matching with their foster carers
- To support, advise and guide carers in all aspects of their care of a child.
- To liaise closely with Social Workers from the placing authority.
- To ensure there is a two-way flow of information.
- To ensure that the agency’s responsibilities in terms of the child’s care plan are implemented.
- To contribute to the decision-taking process e.g. attend statutory reviews, conferences and other meetings, to attend court when required.
- Supervision of non-qualified support staff.
- To keep accurate and detailed records in accordance with agency policy.
- To provide reports when required e.g. for reviews, conferences and court.
- To participate in the agency’s on-call service.
- To undertake direct work with children and young people where necessary in accordance with the care plan.
- To where necessary undertake tasks directly on behalf of children and young people e.g. supervise contact, transport.
- To assess new prospective carers.
- To contribute to carer training for professional colleagues and carers.
- To provide specialist advice around disability.
- To participate in the planning and development of services and contribute to the improvement of standards and quality assurance.
- To participate in supervision with the Line Manager. (The line manager has experience in the disability field).
The role will suit an experienced social worker, who has worked within either an IFA or Local Authority setting. We are ideally looking for a social worker with substantial experience of working within a Fostering team.
Please note this is a permanent 37 hours per week position.
The role offers a salary of up to £32,000 - £38,600 including a car allowance and pension scheme.
For further information please send your CV and contact details via this advert or through the Aurora Resourcing website.