M&E Quantity Surveyor required, London. Girling Jones are proud to be representing this international Construction firm looking to bolster their commercial function further within the London team. Based in the Regents Park area, we are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor with M&E / Mechanical and Electrical experience to join the team. Our client are a large, rapidly expanding diverse Construction Group offering Civils, Build and M&E services. Our clients contracting business turns over in excess of £20M and has a vast array of projects on with a full order book for the year ahead.
- To take full commercial responsibility for the successful and profitable execution of contracts
- To assist the Project Manager in ensuring reliable and contractual performance in the day to day implementation of contracts
- To provide effective commercial and contractual support to operations on a number of projects in accordance with Company procedures
- To ensure timely submission and agreement of applications, cost plans, variation details, claims and other documentation
- To liaise with clients on the production and agreement of account details and securing final payment
- To maintain subcontractor control ensuring close administration of accounts and reporting to Senior Management
- To monitor and control all costs associated with each contract and provide information and feedback to Senior Management
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Educated to degree level of equivalent (desirable)
- Proven Quantity Surveying experience
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Experience in production of procurement schedules
- Experience of working on M&E projects with a value of over £2m
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Knowledge of various forms of contract
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Strong team player
- We are offering an attractive salary with benefits which include a generous pension scheme, private healthcare, life insurance cover, and 35 days leave (including public holidays). This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to join a growing company with opportunities for career development and progression.
Interested? Get in touch with Vic Bekker @ Girling Jones or click apply for further details
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.