Enterprise Application Architect
3 days left
- Full Time
Title: Enterprise Application Architect - Financial and Banking
Salary: £60000 - £90000 + Matched pension scheme, Performance Bonus (up to 40% of salary), Private medical cover, Company Car, 30 days holiday and other benefits (Dependent on Experience)
Our client is UK’s largest Retail and Commercial bank and has a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK. Its aim is to be the best bank for its customers and the organisation feels that they have a big responsibility to support the UK economy and help it prosper.
The organisation is moving quickly in its Digital Transformation our client is changing the Bank from within. For that reason, they are looking for architects to help drive strategy for their applications and banking domains.
The bank knows that their future will be determined by teams of small, cross-functional, highly experienced and collaborative experts that are using new technologies to build better solutions and experiences for both customers and colleagues.
They are now looking for an Enterprise Application Architect to help define the application architecture which meets their strategic needs as they move towards a cloud based microservices led architecture. They want someone who can help lead colleagues by offering strategic direction and who can combine this with and an understanding of implementation and operation of an application architecture. The Enterprise Application Architect will need to be experienced in translating banking business objectives into IT application architectures, so, and direct experience of application development and maintenance is important. They will also require the ability to engage with and influence stakeholders to Board level, and within business areas.
Key Accountabilities & skills of Enterprise Application Architect
• Develop, socialise and drive the implementation of strategies in relation to Application architecture by developing the roadmap and vision along with transition states to move from current to target architecture
• Produce architecture artefacts (Standards, Patterns, Principles) to support the implementation of strategy
• Work with programmes and projects to provide oversight and ensure alignment with strategic architecture
• Work with Enterprise, Domain and CIO architects to assist with other related strategies ensuring alignment and understanding impacts across the entire Enterprise
• Lead discussions with CIO and Infrastructure Technology Services (ITS) colleagues building awareness and agreement on the strategic direction of how applications will be architected
• Collaborate with CIO and ITS colleagues on the production of Design and Build artefacts
Key Technical Skills
• Experience in defining and delivering Enterprise Application Architectures including N-tier applications (web and mobile), Microservices, Docker Containers, PaaS and SaaS
• Proven experience in delivering 12-factor, cloud-native applications
• Familiarity with various microservices frameworks (e.g., Spring Cloud, Lagom) and building reactive applications
• Experience designing applications that are fully scalable and delivering onto a Platform as a Service (PaaS) environment
• Experience with delivering on at least one of the major cloud platforms (i.e., AWS, Azure, Google)
• Experience in defining application architectures for large organisations, and of demonstrating alignment between business objectives and the target application architecture.
• Ability to identify the application architecture decisions and issues which have the most importance and impact within the wide range of programme decisions to be taken at any particular point in time.
• Understanding the implications of application patterns and when to recommend a pattern for delivering required functionality
• Experience in API and service design and how to best expose application data and functionality to consumers
• Experience of mobile frameworks and technologies (e.g., HTML5, CSS3, PhoneGap, Appcelerator Titanium)
• Experience of at least one significant application platform technology (e.g., IBM WAS, Node.js, Microsoft .Net)
• Knowledge of application development practises, including DevOps
• Understanding how cloud can be leveraged to enable scalable and elastic capabilities
• Understanding of industry IT Direction (Open Source, Cloud, DevOps, API economy, Big Data etc)
In return for your dedication, you’ll enjoy banks total commitment to your ongoing personal and professional development. As a valued member of the team, you’ll be supported to grow and advance through excellent training and progression opportunities. Naturally, you’ll also have access to fantastic benefits. The bank’s award-winning flexible package gives you the option to choose from cash or a tailored selection of benefits.
The bank welcomes applications from a diverse group of candidates in support of their positive action campaign.
Our bank’s key values include the following;
- Being the best they can be for their customers.
- Ensuring their risk is minimised.
- Ensuring that colleagues make a difference to the business together.
Therefore they are looking to employ individuals who demonstrate and support the highest standards of responsible behaviour. Our client values diversity and always appoint on merit with fully accessible locations.
If you meet the above criteria for the Application Architect role please respond to this with an up to date copy of your CV. You may not hear from us straight away. Due to the level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position.
Tectre is a specialist IT Recruitment Company. We support our customer in their Positive Action Campaigns for Diversity.