Group Financial Accountant - Plc Listed
1 day left
- Full Time
Group Financial Accountant
A Group Financial Accountant is sought by a FTSE 250 listed PLC with a turnover in excess of £4bn. This is a growing company, that provides an excellent working environment and opportunity to progress your career within the wider finance group.
As the Group Financial Accountant you will report to the Group Financial Controller working as part of a small high profile team of qualified accountants who are responsible for financial reporting, ensuring the high quality of data for reporting purposes and provision of financial accounting advice and support to Divisions and the Group. Primary focus:
- Preparation and effective control of the production and review of the Annual and Half Year report.
- Review of technical accounting developments under IFRS, ensuring new developments are communicated throughout the Group and embedded into management and statutory reporting as necessary.
- Provide technical IFRS accounting advice and support to the business
- Driving improvements in group processes and controls.
- Ad-hoc assistance with projects including acquisitions and disposals
- Support for monthly consolidation close activities
Skill and abilities
- This position is viewed as a developmental role for an aspirational, high achieving, individual
- Flexible and comfortable in a changing, growing environment
- Self-starter with ability to work on their own initiative
- Results, product and achievement oriented to high standards - pays attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to multi task and prioritise work load
- Fast and responsive - working to tight deadlines
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact at all levels
- Team player, maintaining close working relationships with relevant employees of the business in order to achieve objectives
- Ability to listen and willingness to take on new ideas
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong influencing skills, including the ability to communicate complex financial technical matters to non-technical people
- IT confident with good spreadsheet skills.
- Recognised professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA) and a track record of continuous professional development;
- Graduate with a strong academic background
- Top 6 trained or relevant industry experience of working in a significant sized company
- Qualified accountant (up to 5 years post qualified experience)
- Exposure to UK PLC reporting, including strong knowledge of IFRS