National Youth Engagement Support Worker
POSITION: National Youth Engagement Support Worker
REPORT TO: National Youth Engagement Manager
LOCATION: St Basils, Heath Mill Lane, Deritend, Birmingham, B9 4AX
SALARY: St Basils, Scale 5, Point 22- 25, £19,370 - £21,244 per annum, pro rata
HOURS: 37.5 Hours Per Week , Overnight and travel across England is also required to fulfil the main duties
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday 28th July 2017
To support the existing National Youth Engagement Manager in ensuring the National Youth Reference Group and Youth Homeless Parliament Members are inducted,trained and supported to deliver presentations, workshops, seminars and consultations at external events across England.
The successful candidate should ideally have:
- Degree or Diploma level qualification and/or Youth and Community equivalent.
- Experience working with young people in the following circumstances: Vulnerable young people/young homeless people, mentoring, providing information, advice and guidance, youth housing and support experience
- Up to date knowledge of how a "youth homelessness" environment works.
- Competent in using Microsoft packages and computer systems.
- Able to work weekends and evenings as required and travel to various locations across England
- Able to maintain accurate records, both written and electronic.
- Able to demonstrate a positive outlook.
- Able to communicate effectively within a diverse group using appropriate media.
Please note: CVs and handwritten applications are not accepted
]St Basils is committed to a policy of ensuring equality of opportunity in employment for all, and to taking action to avoid discrimination.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our vacancies.