Financial Analyst - Littlehampton
Fittleworth is one of the UK’s leading home dispensing companies, specialising in stoma, continence and wound care medical appliances. We pride ourselves on offering a personalised, discreet, and reliable home delivery service tailored to meet all of our customer requirements.
First founded in 1984 out of a small family garage, Fittleworth has enjoyed significant growth and success over the years and now boasts a network of 38 dispensing centres throughout the UK along with a National Distribution Centre in the Midlands.
We are looking for a self-motivated, analytical, and service driven professional to take on the role of Financial Analyst within our dedicated Finance team, based out of our head office in Littlehampton, West Sussex. With an award winning culture for going the extra mile, we are seeking a caring, compassionate, and driven individual looking to make a difference.
- A University Graduate; degree ideally within Finance, Economics, Mathematics.
- CIMA / ACCA Qualified or studying towards a professional finance qualification.
- Proven knowledge / experience of financial forecasting and diagnosis, corporate finance, and information analysis.
- Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office, and financial software applications.
- Advanced computer literacy with a strong working knowledge of MS Excel and Access.
- Hands on experience with statistical analysis and statistical packages.
- Background knowledge and experience in Visual Basic Applications (VBA).
About this Opportunity:
An exciting opportunity to join a dynamic cross-functional finance team taking accountability for all aspects of sales and gross margin planning, analysis, and reporting. Key responsibilities will include;
- Supporting the annual planning process including preparation of sales and costs plans, timetable management, presentation reviews, feedback, analyses and reports through professional financial input.
- Supporting other planning processes which include mid-year and projection reviews providing analyses and reports as appropriate in accordance with issued guidelines and assumptions and ensure timely submissions as per timetables.
- Conducting value add, proactive financial analysis and continually improving reports to help commercial teams obtain optimal performance.
- Reporting and analysing monthly new patient referrals.
- Providing creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance.
- Developing financial models, and conducting benchmarking / process analysis.
- Identifying trends, advising company and recommending actions based on sound analysis.
- Consulting with management to guide and influence long term and strategic decision making.
- Driving process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function.
- Maintaining, developing, and interpreting automatic / self-service BI reporting functionality for internal departments.
- Analysing data and work with the relevant business functions / teams to ensure understanding, identifying financial risks & opportunities.
- Identifying system enhancements required to develop automatic / self-service reporting, working with the necessary internal departments to implement these.
What we can offer you:
- A Competitive salary with an annual pay review.
- Competitive company Pension and Private Healthcare schemes.
- Life Insurance Cover.
- 25 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays.
- Access to Employee Assistance benefits (Best Doctor’s, Employee Assistance Programme, etc).
- Ride to work scheme / Childcare vouchers.
- A caring "award winning" culture.
- Access to our online Training Academies.