Female Support Worker - Sudbury
We are now recruiting for Female Support Workers to join our supported living team in Sudbury.
Working times will be on a rota basis with shifts spread across the weekdays, weekends, on call and bank holidays. You will need to be flexible as your shifts will typically start at 7am-2pm, 2pm-10pm followed by a sleep in shift which is 10pm-7am, and then a 7am-2pm shift (typically twice a week).
We currently have 3 supported living services over the area supporting 9 women and 1 man aged 35-75 with a mild to profound learning disability. The needs of the people we support are varied, some require help with personal care (differs for each person), house hold tasks, meal preparation, medication and going out in the community to attend groups or social activities, especially theatre, car shows or karaoke. You will also need to support some of the people with their mobility and communication.
In January we won a Suffolk County Council`s `GEM` award, which we are extremely proud of. Our team is a small, friendly team with a supportive Manager who is eager for her staff to progress where possible. We do also offer NVQ`s which the Manager can arrange for you.
We are looking for someone with a `can-do` attitude, who is enthusiastic and outgoing. The people we support require their support workers to have a genuine interest in assisting them to live as independently as possible.
PLEASE NOTE that this role is open to females only due the needs of the people we support.
* This post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, Part 1
Job Reference: 9209
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You`ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We`ll ask a lot of you - but you`ll get back so much more. With us, it`s never `just a job`.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.
That means listening to them, understanding what they like, and supporting them to make decisions and achieve the things they want to achieve.