Database Web Support Analyst
3 days left
- Full Time
Your new company
Higher Educational institution based across different campuses in London, who is partnered with another well-known university is seeking to recruit a Database and Web Support Analyst to contribute in the improvement of student experience by developing integration and implementation of new systems.
Your new role
As part of a wider transformation strategy across IT, you will be responsible for a number of key operational, reporting and stakeholder engagement accountabilities.
Liaising with internal stakeholders, your role will be approximately 70% reviewing of databases, understanding back ups and recovery and 30% web design.
Working closely with the Management Information team, you will also encompass interacting with external suppliers and vendors.
Some of the key accountabilities amongst others;
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimise statistical efficiency and quality
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Acquire data from primary and secondary data sources.
- Handle common database procedures such as upgrade, backup, recovery and migration.
- Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans;
- Review all internal databases for security or data issues.
- Controlling access permissions and privileges.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to assist with data queries or structure changes to a database.
- Design, maintain and development of the university website and social media presences.
- Work with the Application team to analyse the performance of all company sites.
- Registering Web Domain Names and organising the hosting of the website.
- Editing content, debugging code and re-designing web pages.
- Maintaining data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act.
- Writing database documentation, including data standards and procedures, contribution to knowledge database.
- Assisting in system acceptance testing and perform bug fixes as and when required.
- Assist Service Desk & Onsite Support Technicians with support for internal and external database.
- Provide advice and guidance to Service Desk staff about best practices of applications.
What you'll need to succeed
- SQL/MySQL relational database design.
- Strong HTML5 and CSS skills with solid experience of CSS processing tools.
- Demonstrable experience in supporting and providing .Net
- Experience of writing native JS, as well as ES6/7 code and the benefits that brings
- Demonstrable experience creating database queries (Build, Backup, Recovery and Migration).
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Familiarity with the main data manipulation languages and the principles of database design;
- Mapping out the conceptual design for a planned database;
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
- Knowledge of ITIL processes, including incident and change management.
- Experience with full lifecycle development.
- Excellent Customer, Decision-Making, Diagnoses and Solving Skills.
- Well-developed written and spoken communication skills.
- Demonstrable ability to be well planned and organised in a busy and rapidly changing working environment.
- Ability to structure your workload and interchange work within the team in order to meet demand or at the request of the business.
- Qualification in an IT related degree or related discipline or equivalent experience.
What you'll get in return
You will have the opportunity to work at a well known, growing university institution based in the heart of London with the opportunity to utilise on existing skills and develop your skill set.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.