A well-known International Fashion, Retail Company is currently looking to recruit a Accounts Assistant for their professional, vibrant and enthusiastic team. You will report directly to the Management Accountant and will be part of a 6 person (Management Accounts) team
- Working with the Management Accountant to carry out postings, reconciliations and reporting.
- Analysis of sales including cost of sales analysis.
- Preparing the month end accounts for allocated areas.
- Liaising with merchandising, the warehouse and shop teams to get data and issue invoices.
- Recording sales and accounting for receipts.
- Carrying out data entry and first steps of analysis.
- Ensuring data entry is carried out in an accurate and timely manner.
- Preparing analysis against budget and looking at margins. Questioning any areas which look unusual/wrong.
- Involvement in the preparation of European VAT and US sales tax returns.
- Supporting the Management Accountants to ensure that month end deadlines are met and reporting is accurately included in the monthly Board pack.
- Currently studying, AAT, ACCA or CIMA (or equivalent)
- At least 2 years finance experience
- Able to complete bank reconciliations
You will be working for an established, well-known fashion brand that can provide realistic internal progression and excellent benefits.