Senior Management Accountant
Altum consulting are working with a major UK retailer to recruit a Senior Management Accountant for 8 to 12 months. The primary responsibilities of the role involve ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of corporate financial reporting for the retailer, including preparing monthly management accounts, quarterly submissions to the parent company, as well as half-year and year-end reporting for external audit.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Preparing internal and external reporting deliverables, including coordination of period-end activities.
- Coordinate the preparation and review of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Develop and produce other financial reports as required.
- Prepare indirect cash flows and balance sheet reporting, ensuring timely and accurate preparation of forecasts and reporting with variance analysis.
- Support Corporate Reporting Manager in ensuring Group account policy and internal control guidelines are well understood by key stakeholders.
- Support Corporate Reporting Manager in continuously improving financial reporting and control environments.
- Ability to build strong relationships, influence and communicate cross functionally at all levels.
- Personality traits of credibility, integrity, initiative, determination, and results-orientated.
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and looking for creative solutions to issues.
- Self-starter and able to work independently.
- Experience of management and statutory reporting responsibilities under IFRS, either from industry or external audit perspectives.
- Up-to-date working knowledge of current and forthcoming IFRSs with good working knowledge of IFRSs applicable to the Retail sector.
- Experience of project work on accounting projects/ internal controls projects from an internal/ external audit perspective, with working knowledge of COSO/ Sarbanes-Oxley highly advantageous.
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified with a period of post-qualification experience.
This retailer is offering a competitive salary for an 8 to 10 month fixed term contract; however, contract day rates will also be considered. Their head offices are based in south east London and is easily commutable from east London, south London, central London and south west London. Despite the size of the retailer they still carry the feeling of an entrepreneurial company and have developed an exciting culture amongst their staff. If this sounds like the right role for you hen please apply now.