Sales & Engagement Executive
KCOM is a leading provider of communications services and IT solutions to organisations and consumers. By listening to and learning from our customers, we design and deliver the right services to connect them with the things that matter.
Our three main markets are:
- Enterprises: organisations with complex needs look to us to help them transform their operations and experience to become more customer-centric, agile and efficient
- Businesses: we help businesses embrace the power of technology to become more successful
- Consumers: households across Hull and East Yorkshire can choose from our range of voice, broadband and TV services to suit their needs
As Sales and Engagement Executive you will conduct face to face sales and telesales to potential and existing KCOM customers via a range of methods; including door-to-door, events, outbound telesales, retail, business development and community events.
What will I be doing?
Working within our Hull and East Yorkshire Consumer sales team, you will be one of six Sales and Engagement Executives who generate sales across the full range of KCOM products and services from residential customers. You will be expected to successfully generate, manage and convert your own pipeline of sales and leads, promoting the KCOM brand, products and services, whilst increasing customer awareness in a positive manner by interacting face to face and via phone.
You will have set targets, individual and team based, and you will need to manage your time effectively in order to meet these. This is an interesting and varied role; you will be encouraged to input ideas and suggestions and the use of your own initiative will be welcomed.
What do I need to do this job?
- Previous sales experience, via phone or face to face
- Target driven
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent customer service and support skills
- Initiative and creativity
- Ability to work in pressured situations
- Good organisational skills
- Effective time management
- Ability to plan
- Good relationship management
What we can offer you
This is a growing, changing company in which you will have the continued opportunity to work on new initiatives. The role offers a lot of variety and opportunity for skills development and progression.
What are my hours of work?
You'll be working 37.5 hours per week, 9am to 5pm with 30mins for lunch and 2 x 15 minute breaks. This role does involve weekend working, most likely on Saturdays but also occasional Sundays. On average the team work 2 weekends per month, with a day off in lieu.
You'll get 25 days holidays per year, commission, pension, access to the KCOM flexible benefits scheme, the option to join the KCOM share scheme, and 4 times salary life assurance.