Assistant Accountant (Practice)
Based in Cardiff - Salary of £17,000 - £19,000 per annum - ACCA training support provided
A leading Independent Accountacy Practice in Cardiff is seeking to recruit an Assistant Accountant. The role requires a confident and friendly individual, someone who has the drive, appetite and motivation to take their career to the next stage. For the successful candidate with the right skill set and aptitude there will be additional opportunities for progression.
· Preparation and submission of VAT returns;
· Preparation of client payrolls, carrying-out of client bookkeeping, both at the office and at client premises;
· Book-keeping duties
· Assist in the preparation of accounts & tax computations for sole traders, partnerships & companies;
· Assist in the preparation of tax returns for individuals & partnerships;
· Assisting senior staff in all aspects of their work as required, for example; requesting information, client liaison, preparation of accounts worksheets;
· Handling incoming telephone calls both internally and externally;
· Updating records on the internal management system and maintaining accurate records;
· Providing ad-hoc administration support, including scanning, emailing and other clerical;
· Covering front desk when required;
· Any other duties as may reasonably be allocated from time to time.
Knowledge & Experience:
· Ideally a minimum of 1 year of working experience in a general practice;
· Strong computer skills;
· Strong analytical, tax and accounting skills;
· Sound accounting/tax system knowledge; CCH/Sage Payroll experience is desirable;
· Xero experience desirable;
· Payroll experience preferred;
· Accuracy in daily work and other projects;
· Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines;
· Ability to function as a team player.