Vehicle Technician / Service Mechanic, Hayes Various Shifts
Europe's largest ground transportation company is seeking a skilled and experienced Vehicle Technician / Service Mechanic to join our brand new, purpose built workshop in Hayes (UB3) which services a fleet of over 5000 vehicles, all of which are under 3 years old.
Would you like the job security of joining an established company which has been in business for over 40 years and focusses heavily on training and promoting staff?
Do you have previous experience in a workshop or repair centre environment?
As a Vehicle Technician / Service Mechanic, you will work as part of our large workshop team to provide scheduled and ad-hoc maintenance to our fleet of over 5000 vehicles. We have a diverse range of fleet vehicles such as: Ford, Vauxhall, Toyota and Mercedes.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Vehicle maintenance, repairs and full servicing
- Fault finding and diagnostic work
- Working to manufacturer repair time guidelines
- Replacing clutches, timing belts and engines
- Warranty work
- Giving advice to drivers relating to any repairs carried out
- Basic administration
- Any other duties as required by management
Vehicle Technician | Service Mechanic | Mechanic | Automotive | Vehicle | Repair | Maintenance | Servicing | Diagnostic | Administration
- Previous experience of working in a similar workshop or repair centre environment
- A relevant vehicle maintenance qualification - at least NVQ Level 2 or upwards, an equivalent City & Guilds or similar qualification
- Experience with diagnostic fault finding equipment
- An ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Time management and organisation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
Annual Salary Breakdown:
- Up to £27,000 per annum for Day Shifts
- Up to £29,000 per annum for Night Shifts (this includes a £2,000 Shift Allowance)
We currently have several shift patterns available, all of which are Monday to Friday with no weekends:
- Option 1... Monday to Friday, 6am to 2:30pm
- Option 2... Monday to Friday, 10:30am to 7:pm
- Option 3... Monday to Friday, 7pm to 3:30am
- Annual bonus of up to 5% of your annual salary
- 25 days paid annual leave/holiday per year in addition to the Bank Holidays
- Private medical cover
- Company pension
- Staff discount on car bookings
- Ongoing industry specific training including manufacturer booked training
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free staff parking
About Our Company:
We began in 1975 with the belief that taxis and minicabs could be done better. By combining the latest technologies with traditional customer service values, we disrupted the industry (before disrupting industries had even become a thing). Our iconic black cars have been on the road ever since. We are now in 350 cities worldwide and transport over 10 million passengers each year in London alone.
We have also recently brought the iconic Tristar Worldwide Chauffeur brand into our Group to increase our offering to customers, and give us further national and international reach.