Transaction due diligence
- Working alongside sales team; reviewing cases and suggesting conditions to be added to terms prior to them being sent to borrowers;
- Supporting Underwriter / Underwriting Manager with their cases by conducting initial due diligence on a transaction e.g. checking LandRegistry and Companies House;
- Assist in identifying transaction risks and recommending appropriate mitigating actions where possible;
- Assessing / checking loan documentation and valuations;
- Supporting Underwriter / Underwriting Manager by drafting credit assessments on individual cases for Pivot’s Credit Committee.
- Day-to-day management of allocated cases ensuring timely assessments requested prior to handing the case back to the Underwriter / Underwriting Manager;
- Instructing solicitors based on my client’s allocation rules and obtaining quotes;
- Instructing valuations based on my client’s allocation rules and obtaining quotes;
- Chasing valuation report progress;
- Chasing documentation to be passed to the Underwriter / Underwriting Manager;
- Following up on post-completion items.
- Ensuring all deal and borrower details are uploaded and maintained correctly on Target Bluechip software;
- Ensuring electronic files are kept up to date;
- Weekly update of latest relevant industry news.
Other general responsibilities
- Assist the Redemptions and Collections dept. where necessary;
- Regular updates to the management team on the status of cases on a regular basis.
- Good knowledge of the mortgage / lending sector and the property sector;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work pro-actively, multi-task and work to tight deadlines in a fast paced, changing environment;
- Excellent attention to detail, efficient and organised;
- Working knowledge of MS Office toolset;
- Knowledge of Target Bluechip software (preferred but not a must).
- Minimum 1 year mortgage administration / mortgage processing experience (preferred);
- GCSE (minimum Maths and English Language A-B);
- University level education (preferred).