A leading Tier 1 contractor are looking to procure an experienced Planner to join their team based in Swansea. Providing a multitude of services, including Construction, Engineering and Facilities Management, my client are a renowned company holding a huge presence within the industry.
The Planner role will be predominantly office based from Swansea and will join an existing team of passionate and dedicated pre-construction professionals. Projects will be vast and experience working specifically on high value (£15m+) schemes would be preferred.
Duties will include:
- Planning and programming input into pre-qualification's and bids which will involve developing the construction methodology
- Preparing Pre-construction/tender programmes, method statements phasing drawings and other supporting information
- Liaising with bid managers, estimators, designers, temporary works department and specialist subcontractors as necessary to develop accurate programmes
- Preparing presentation material using PowerPoint, Sketch-Up, Paint or similar and presenting our construction proposals at interview
- Review opportunities to develop 4D planning opportunities
- At contract stage work with the site teams to develop the detailed construction programmes, design and procurement programmes and other supporting information
- Provide support to site teams to review progress or update programmes and report as necessary
- To support and be familiar with own role and responsibility in respect of Business Continuity Planning
The ideal candidate will have:
- NEC Compliant Programmes
- Track and Reschedule Monthly reports
- An understanding of the design and procurement process and an awareness of contractual matters;
- Early Contract Involvement experience;
- Site experience (desirable);
- Lean programming skills (desirable);
- A understanding of Bim and 4d planning
- Familiarity with the standard Microsoft Office suite of software (particularly Word, Excel and Power-point)
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Planner for a main contractor
- Degree Qualified / Professional Qualification
- Excellent working knowledge of ASTA
- Experience working across Education, Health and Commercial sectors
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary plus package, as well longevity and growth within the company. My client are renowned for the high attrition of staff the office boasts as well as excellent employee benefits.
If you are interested in this role, please email or click "Apply Now".
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.