Business Analyst - 12 month fixed term contract
NRG are currently recruiting for a Business Analyst on a 1 year fixed term contract for a prestigious establishment based in Newcastle.
- Takes full responsibility for business analysis within a significant segment of an organisation where the advice given and decisions made will have a measurable impact on the profitability or effectiveness of the organisation.
- Enhances existing approaches to process improvement and/or develops new approaches.
- Evaluates the financial, cultural, technological, organisational and environmental factors which must be addressed in the process change.
- Takes responsibility for investigative work to determine business requirements and support the design of effective business processes through improvements in information systems (automation), information management, practices, procedures, and organisation change.
- Under guidance of Head of Projects and Project Managers, produces high-level and detailed business models, working with colleagues involved in change activity prepares Project Scope and Business Case documentation (including options, benefits, costs, risks) in line with the University’s Project Gateway Framework.
- Recommends, applies and monitors the use of required modelling and analysis tools, methods and standards.
- Conducts investigations at a high level for strategy studies, business requirements specifications and feasibility studies.
- Day to day management with overall responsibility for the successful planning, execution, monitoring and control of agreed work packages and project work streams.
- Facilitation/support of stakeholder groups and workshops to clarify business requirements, map processes and define opportunities for improvement (using lean or other methodologies).
- Prepare programme/project reporting and documentation as appropriate.
- Assists Project Managers to develop Project Plans including resources, costs and timescales for delivery of business change projects.
- Takes responsibility for budgeting, estimating, planning and objective setting within projects under control.
- Motivates, guides and supports stakeholders involved in the process redesign projects
Salary: £33,000 - £38,000 plus fantastic benefits.