ICT Support Technician - Birmingham
Brewster Pratap are recruiting for a suitably experienced ICT Support Technician to work in Birmingham (travel between sites may also be required) to support the day to day running of ICT across multiple sites as well as undertaking general tasks which will promote the use of ICT across all areas of the business (please note that a basic level DBS check will be undertaken for this postholder).
The closing date for this position is Sunday 23rd July at 1pm and interviews will take place on Wednesday 2nd August 2017 - all applicants must be available to interview on this date.
- Provide 1st & 2nd level support and maintenance of existing hardware and software for voice and data systems prioritising accordingly to ensure minimum disruption to the business;
- Providing advice and guidance for end users on software/systems where required as coordinated by the Head of ICT and Facilities;
- Assist in the monitoring of day to day ICT operations;
- Provide timely and accurate management information from existing systems as required;
- Administer & report on ICT system health checks as directed by established practices or Head of ICT and Facilities;
- Assist the provision of network/data infrastructure for business systems, ensuring timely installation and maintenance of such works as coordinated by the Head of ICT and Facilities;
- Ensure the effective running of the 3rd party ICT Service Desk.
- Report any suspected security breaches to the Head of ICT and Facilities
- Understanding of IP network & switching technologies: LAN, WAN, WLAN, HyperV and Cisco Routers
- Supporting Office 2016, Office 365, Windows 10 operating system upgrades and PC / Laptop replacement
- Good communicator, comfortable and credible with people at all levels, able to create and sustain lasting customer relationships
- In depth knowledge of hardware and software
- A relevant IT qualification
- Experience of working in an IT Support role
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people in a professional manner, face to face, on the telephone and in writing
- Ability to plan and prioritise work load without supervision
- Able to work flexibly including some evenings and weekends
- Applicants must be available to interview on Wednesday 2nd August 2017
- Up to date knowledge of the latest IT and software trends
- Able to demonstrate evidence of delivering excellent customer service
- Able to travel independently between college sites and other external venues
Salary up to £25,000 depending on experience, 37.5 hours p/w, 30 days holiday + stats, pension
Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focuses on the recruitment of talent in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of recruitment and talent identification we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on Jobs or Recruitment.