Full time permanent Role - Based in Kensington London
Basic Salary - £30,000
Monday to Friday 08:30am - 5:30pm or 09:00am - 6:00pm Flexible
My client is seeking a highly efficient underwriter to join there successful International business that specialise in providing medical and travel insurance policies to expatriate and local communities around the world.
Over view of the role:
This role supports the activities of the London & Dubai offices in providing underwriting services to ensure the business accepts legitimate and appropriate business on sustainable and advantageous terms as well as providing a range of technical and additional management services as required. The Underwriter supports and promotes the delivery of world class service to HCI’s clients and business partners.
- This role is medical underwriting for our suite of international & domestic medical, life and travel products.
- The reporting line is direct to the General Manager but there will also be considerable interaction with the directors of the company.
- Additionally it will be imperative that excellent working relationships are maintained with the fellow underwriter; the Sales, Policy Administration, Finance and Claims departments and with our Dubai Office.
- External relationships must be maintained with intermediaries, reinsurers and London Lloyd’s Market as well as our external marketing and brand agencies.
- Prepare, check and issue quotes within agreed service standards (turn-around times to be adhered to for both Dubai and London business requests).
- Maintain accurate file notes / records / telephone conversations on U/W file, including full notes on all calculation sheets and quotation files.
- Review terms and pricings on existing business as required.
- Amend and create policy clauses and wordings as required.
- Assist both offices with technical enquiries and Group quotations. Maintain and facilitate on-risk Group/Individual business with Dubai Office.
- Actively discuss new business with underwriting colleagues, Sales Team and Directors as required when weighing the risk and exposure against a commercial outlook.
- Maintain daily progress report with daily updates.
- Learning new products, competitor activity awareness and market analysis.
- Experienced within the Medical Insurance underwriting industry
- Strong knowledge and awareness of insurance laws and regulations, policy terminology and underwriting principles.
- An analytic mind to be able to make sense of data and to develop clear and reasoned recommendations to management.
- Medical / clinical knowledge
- Ability to manage third-party relationships, including brokers.
- Extremely strong communication skills
- A motivated self-starting and goal orientated professional possessing in an inner drive to success.
- Competent on all MS packages
- CII Qualifications would be an advantage