HR Advisor 12 Month FTC
My client is a global financial services group with operations in London, Sydney, Dubai, Wollongong and Hong Kong.
An opportunity exists for a fixed-term contract role to cover maternity leave. The remit will include providing advice and guidance to managers in London and Dubai on a range of core HR functions, including employee relations issues, recruitment and on boarding, induction, employee training and development, workplace health and safety, employee benefits and payroll processing. The role will also work closely alongside the Global Head of Talent, based in Australia, to undertake strategic planning and the implementation of innovative and relevant Human Resources programs in a high performance organisation.
The Team Leader - Talent (L&D Focus), Europe will;
- Assist in the implementation of all aligned HR strategies across the business.
- Partner with senior managers to identify issues and implement appropriate business-focused solutions, ensuring that the group is legally compliant at all times.
- Manage all employee relations issues, including discipline and grievance procedures and the provision of advice to employees and management.
- Provide partnership, consultation and support in the areas of organisational development, talent development, employee engagement, and change management practices.
- Partner with Global Heads of Departments to drive workforce planning initiatives including alignment of resources to the top priorities, and building capabilities needed to achieve the stated vision and strategy including the investment in talent.
- Partner with leaders to identify and address critical organisational and people issues, and remove barriers impeding the success of the business.
- Support the recruitment of all graduate and internship roles using a direct sourcing model and contribute to the ongoing development of the graduate programme.
- Manage the outsourced payroll function, including reporting and analysis as required.
- Manage the auto-enrolment pension function, ensuring the group is legally compliant.
- Responsible for maintaining excellent relationships with key external vendors supplying search and recruitment services, Universities etc.
- Manage and advise on UK immigration matters.
- Consult on targeted development solutions and offerings to accelerate growth and impact of key talent.
- Design and deliver expert meeting, off site and strategic planning sessions to enable business effectiveness by facilitating, co-facilitation to work with leaders to drive change within the business.
- In conjunction with the Organisational Development Advisor, build performance management capabilities by coaching leaders to effectively address performance issues and deliver effective feedback to foster employee development and differentiate performance.
- Work with the global Talent team to develop and track key talent and ensure they are provided with experiences that enable development and retention.
- Work closely with the Heads of Department to deliver Talent programmes to the business, including leadership developments programmes, annual rewards, and workforce planning.
- Stay up-to-date of talent trends and advance thinking around solutions to further develop talent and organisation effectiveness.
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer of knowledge both face-to-face and online.
- Develop strong relationships with all departments to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training.
- Lead L&D work streams within internal projects to ensure the most appropriate learning solution is applied.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of learning programmes and curriculum's.
- Be familiar with business strategy and key performance indicators to be able to provide learning recommendation to meet business needs.
- Ability to conduct ''train the trainer'' sessions face to face and virtually.
- Utilise automated systems to manage and track deployment of all learning solutions.
- Work collaboratively with HR teams in Australia and ensure consistency of global initiatives
- CIPD or equivalent qualification
- Experience of no less than 5 years in a similar role
- Experience of working in an operational capacity and being well versed and up to date with UK legislative requirements and regulatory compliance issues
- Professional services experience (financial services experience preferred)