Junior Financial Controller
- Full Time
Our client is a media company based in the West End of London who are looking for a Management Account. This is a great opportunity for someone to develop and grow into a Financial Controller within the company. The role will suit someone who is a strong team player and can hit the ground running.
The management accountant plays a vital role in the timely reporting of accurate information to the senior management team and board of directors. Reporting directly to the Finance Director the management accountant will have a varied role across revenue recognition, management accounts pack production, client profitability and payroll.
How the role relates to other departments
Whilst the role is based within the finance team, you will interact with all members of the agency. Working particularly closely with the Business Management and digital teams to ensure accurate forecasting and revenue recognition. As well as the wider agency with regards monthly payroll processing.
- Overall responsibility for production of company management accounts.
- Revenue recognition - Produce income reconciliation between internal forecast income and actuals on DDS system.
- Comment on variances vs budget and forecast and investigate unusual movements.
- Manage company overhead’s, ensuring monthly P&L reporting is accurate.
- Owner of the company Balance Sheet, producing monthly reconciliations for FD approval.
- Overall responsibility of client profitability reporting.
- Work with Head of Business Management to improve process and help deep dive into "problem clients"
- Support FD on client contracts & procurement matters
- Responsible for monthly payroll - payment of employees, HMRC and posting correct data into system
- Calculate monthly VAT returns
- Oversee AP team with processing of overheads
- Yearly management of P11d/PSA returns
- Other ad-hoc requests from FD/CFO
- Part Qualified - ACCA/ CIMA qualified.
- Experience with the Media Buying industry preferred.
- Experience using DDS/Media Ocean preferred.
- Diligent and action orientated.
- Driven and full of energy/enthusiasm to achieve results.
- Experienced in management account reporting.
- Advanced excel skills.
- Self-starter who proactively drives projects forward and operates at speed.
- Reputation for being commercially savvy.
- Collaborative team player
- Strong communicator at all levels
- Be able to muck in
Systems & Tools:
- MS Office - High level of excel skills/knowledge. Experience using Outlook, PowerPoint, Word etc
- Media Ocean DDS - Good level of experience using Media Ocean/DD
- Media Agency - Experience of working within media agency an advantage