KS4 ESOL & English Teacher (Fractional)
3 days left
- Full Time
Our client is seeking a KS4 ESOL & English Teacher (Fractional).
1. To teach allocated classes.
2. To act as group tutor as required.
3. To prepare, deliver and assess students learning to the required high standards and expectations of the College.
4. To market and promote courses and programmes to a range of stakeholders.
5. To report on learners progress to parents and other stakeholders.
1. Preparation and delivery of lessons and courses; assessment, recording and reporting on assessments of students.
2. Acting as group and personal tutor; delivery of tutorial programme; guidance to members of tutor group; supporting and participating in curriculum development; accurate maintenance of registers; preparation of tutor reports.
3. Working as part of a team to quality assure qualification delivery and develop Schemes of Work and associated resources
4. Consultation and reporting with parents and colleagues as needed.
5. Attendance at staff, department, team meetings and parents’ consultation meetings.
6. Participation in examination arrangements including invigilation.
7. Participation in learner admissions, learner trips and visits, enrichment and guidance of learners.
8. Participation in marketing and promotional events.
The postholder will be required to:
- Perform any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Principal.
- Participate in appraisal and professional development as appropriate.
- Carry out their duties with due regard to the college’s policies on equal opportunities, health and safety and quality assurance.
The following qualifications, qualities, skills and experience are considered necessary in this key post. The essential criteria will be assessed in the following ways. A - application, T - test, I - Interview.
1. Essential Education and Qualifications
a) A recognised teaching qualification in a closely related subject
b) Degree in a closely related subject or equivalent professional qualification at level 4 or above
c) Level 2 in English and Maths
2. Essential Knowledge, Experience and Skills
a) Extensive knowledge of motivational and effective pedagogic practices - T
b) Substantial knowledge and experience of the range of tutoring, and learner tracking methods needed to ensure stimulating learning experiences - T
c) Experience of working in a FE environment, particularly with students aged 16 to 19 years - A
d) Well-developed written and oral communication skills - T
e) Knowledge of the relevant course content in a vocational setting - A
f) Ability to motivate students to maximise their potential - T
3. Desirable Commercial or Teaching experience
a) Commercial experience of the subject required to teach of at least 1 years paid employment, or substantial experience of teaching the required subject with evidence of high standards achieved - T
4. Desirable Knowledge, Experience and Skills
a) Good team player - I
b) Flexible and innovative approach to work - I
c) Proficient in the use of IT appropriate to this post - T
5. Essential Personal Characteristics and Aptitude
a) Commitment and enthusiasm for student learning in a variety of ways - A
b) Total commitment in delivering an outstanding learning experience to students - I
c) Readiness to be involved with teaching and learning support activities across the College - I
d) Commitment to equal opportunities in the delivery of the curriculum - I
e) The ability to work flexibly and effectively as an individual and team member - I
Attitudes - Essential
Commitment to the role of post-14 education and training in developing and improving people’s lives - I
Determination to promote equality of opportunity throughout all aspects of College life, including employment and service delivery - I
Commitment to ensuring a healthy and safe environment - I
Commitment to continuous personal and institutional improvement - I
Commitment to high professional and personal standards of work and of conduct - I
General Information on Terms and Conditions for KS4 ESOL and English Teacher (Fractional)
Salary: Points 1 - 6 on the Teachers salary scale plus, 1 increment as
defined in the pay policy Spine points 1 to 6 = £24,144 to £34,182
(£14,486 to £20,509 per annum for 0.6 FTE)
Tenure: 0.6 FTE
Working Days You will be expected to work such days and hours as are reasonably and Hours necessary for the proper performance of your duties and responsibilities, with a normal working week of 37 hours excluding lunch breaks. This will encompass a working year of 195 days in any year, 190 days of which you will be required to teach.
Annual Leave: 65 days annual leave per year including bank and public holidays and efficiency closure days.
Probation: Confirmation of appointment will be subject to satisfactory completion of a nine months’ probationary period.
Notice Period The notice period for this post is three months.
Pension: Teaching staff are eligible to join the Teachers' Pension Scheme
Trade Union Teaching staff have the right to belong to a trade union of their Membership: choice.
Staff Staff are required to participate in reasonable arrangements for
Development: further training and development.
Renato Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency for this role.