Project Manger - 12 month fixed term
NRG are currently recruiting for a Project Manager on a 1 year fixed term contract for a prestigious establishment based in Newcastle.
· Manages projects and project delivery teams in accordance with Project office standards and business objectives, engaging with and managing the expectations of key business stakeholders.
· Plans, monitors, and reports on project activities, ensuring effective governance, risk, issues and resource arrangements are in place, supported by effective reporting.
· Manages project delivery through the "Gateway" process with appropriate documentation, stakeholder engagement and sign off.
· Ensures that projects are managed to realise business benefits and where appropriate, informed by an awareness of current technical developments.
· Ensures projects have the appropriate resources to deliver outcomes by liaison with other functions - in particular Professional Support Services including HR, IT, Communications, Marketing, SLS.
· Ensures that inter-dependencies and impact on current business activities and projects are documented and understood.
· Acts as project "customer" to IT technical project delivery.
· Ensures appropriate escalation takes place in the case of issues and risks within projects.
· Recommends and implements corrective action in projects by engaging the Head of Projects, Project Sponsor and other appropriate key stakeholders.
· Leads and inspires project teams to successfully deliver projects in support of project objectives and deliverables aligned to the Project Office, University Strategy, Corporate Goals and Vision 2025.
· As an ambassador for the Transformation Management Team, positively promotes effective project management practices throughout the University.
· Takes responsibility for budgeting, resource management and activity planning within projects under their control.
· Motivates and leads project delivery teams, ensuring delivery within defined time, cost and quality delivery parameters.
· Ensures that project delivery teams understand project delivery requirements in accordance with project management processes and policies.
· Where appropriate and specific to projects under their control, manages day to day relationships with third party project resources.
· To contribute, where appropriate, to the Northumbria Transformation Programme Board, committees, working groups and University projects.
· To participate in appropriate internal and external networks and professional groups in the interests of the role and in order to enhance networks and share good practice.
Salary: £39,000 - £48,000 plus excellent benefits.