Purchase Ledger Clerk
An opportunity for an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk to join an evolving finance team due to continued growth and success within this very established, multiple site organisation.
- Strong Purchase Ledger experience required
- Navision experience would be desirable, but not necessary
- Some practical experience of Excel is necessary
About The Role
- Input purchase invoices to the Group’s Purchase Ledgers in accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures.
- Assist with all aspects of payments to suppliers
- Enter the Group’s manual payment cheques to the relevant Accounting system
- Matching invoices received to Purchase Orders (chasing for purchase orders if required)
- Monthly review of the Group’s purchase ledgers (e.g. identification and correction of debit balances, errors / omissions, allocation of manually posted payments)
- Reconciling supplier statements, chasing missing invoices
- Promptly dealing with supplier queries and reminder notices
- Liaising with staff at Admin Centres & branches when necessary
- Assisting with monthly accounting processes (eg accruals)
- Open mail, date stamp all items before distributing
- There is a general requirement to assist all members of staff as reasonably requested
About Our Client
This client of Howett Thorpe
Things You Should Know
- Onsite parking
- 35 hour working week - 9am to 5pm
Commutable from: Addlestone, Aldershot, AscotBagshot, Bracknell, Camberley, Chertsey, Cobham, Egham, Epsom, Esher, Farnborough, Farnham, Fleet, Frimley, Godalming, Guildford, Kingston, Leatherhead, Lightwater, Reading, Weybridge, Windlesham, Windsor, Woking and Yateley.
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)