3rd Line - IT Infrastructure Project and Support Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity to recruit a 3rd Line IT Support Engineer.
This position is part of a close-knit IT managed services team. Working to ITIL standards, and with diverse and modern technologies, you will be responsible for 3rd line ON-SITE and REMOTE infrastructure deployment, support, project management and technical consultancy for businesses in the UK of all sizes.
The role encompasses the design, deployment and support of traditional client-server architecture as well as new cloud based products and services.
Acting as an escalation point for the 1st and 2nd line engineers, the 3rd line team are great trouble-shooters who work to strict SLA’s by prioritising their workload and using their excellent customer service and IT skills to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Lead role in maintaining, upgrading and developing server, storage and data centre infrastructure on premises and in the cloud (Microsoft Azure)
- Complete in-depth incident/ problem analysis and resolution
- Configuration of network printers, terminals and other devices
- Effective use of backup and restore solutions
- Diagnosis and fault resolution of server and storage infrastructure, primarily including Windows Server, DAS, SAN, data centre infrastructure and virtualisation platforms.
- Provide input into our customers technical architecture and technology roadmap
Required skills and/or experience
- Excellent 3rd Line Project Management, Deployment and Support Skills.
- Qualified to degree standard or equivalent
- Demonstrable expertise in several of the following subjects and technologies:
- Full life cycle project experience (i.e. migrations / upgrades / service packs)
- General network and server administration/troubleshooting
- ITIL Service Management Framework
- Windows server
- Exchange server
- Cloud hosted solutions (Office 365/ Azure/AWS)
- Cloud Service Support
- Virtualisation technology
- PowerShell Scripting
- Windows Desktop Support and Deployment
- Citrix (XenDesktop, Xenapp)
- Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange Server, Citrix, VMWare, HyperV, Azure Cloud, Office 365
- Good telephone and face to face communication skills
- Attention to detail
This is an excellent opportunity for an articulate 3rd Line Support Engineer looking for professional career development within an expanding business who are already very well established.
37.5 hour week, 28 days holiday, pension and various treats!
If you do not have any contact from us within 7 working days please assume that on this occasion unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful, and we invite you to submit your CV for other roles you feel your skills, qualifications and experience match.