IT Infrastructure Telephony Engineer
IT Infrastructure Engineer (Telephony / Networks)
Cardiff - Commutable from Newport, Cwmbran, Bridgend, Bristol
£35,000 - £40,000 + Annual Bonus
Our ambitious market leading financial services client is seeking an Infrastructure Telephony Engineer to manage the Avaya networks across their organisation. The organisation is embarking on a significant growth plan and as part of this they need a strong engineer who can provide BAU Support and implement key infrastructure projects at a critical time.
This growth is causing their head count to double from just under 500 to over 1000, which has resulted in the need for new office space along with an abundance of progression opportunities. To accommodate this growth, the client has recently relocated to a state of the art luxurious office space in the centre of Cardiff, offering excellent transport links and a great working environment with a fun and vibrant team culture that encourages innovation and hard work.
This position gives the successful candidate unrivalled exposure to some of the latest infrastructure technologies with a range of autonomy so if you are a hardworking, highly experience telephony infrastructure engineer with strong communication and technical skills, then this is the role for you!
What you will be doing?
- Supporting, diagnosing, maintaining and administering the Avaya telephony platform in a range of infrastructure environments - physical and virtual.
- Providing in-depth technical support for complex telephony projects across the organisation.
- Providing monitoring of the organisations networks and putting disaster recovery plans in place.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support on a Rota basis.
- Strong knowledge of Avaya telephony networks - Avaya Aura System and Session Manager, Session Border Control (SBC), Unified Communication Manager (UCM), Application Enablement Services (AES), Call Management System (CMS) etc.
- Wide ranging infrastructure experience - VMWare, Windows Server, Linux, Backups, SAN, SQL Server, Data Centre technologies.
- Understanding of data Network and Voice infrastructure technologies, VoIP, QoS, SIP and H323 transmission protocols and an understanding of LAN/WAN and SIP technology.
- Experience with Cisco Networks (switches, firewalls, WiFi and VPN), network protocols and performance management.
- ITIL Experience.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.