Assistant Site Manager
Job ID: KMH/Y2/030
Job Title: Assistant Site Manager
Hours: 39 Hours
Employer: Keepmoat Homes Yorkshire 2
Job Type: Permanent
Purpose of the Role:
To assist the site team to manage the building project in accordance with agreed timescales, quality and cost. To ensure that plots are completed to a standard finish this will exceed our customer’s expectations
To understand, implement and adhere to SHEQ policy and strategy and ensure that all staff reporting to you does the same.
- Responsible for ensuring that all site personnel (including subcontractors) comply with Health & Safety site rules
- In Senior Site Manager/Site Manager’s absence - induct new starters on site; ensuring they hold the relevant CSCS Card and that they have a full understanding of the company Health, Safety and Welfare Policy and Procedures and Site Rules and of their employer’s Method Statements
- Ensure that the site is adequately secured at all times, that safe and acceptable working conditions are maintained on site and safety and welfare facilities are maintained to a good standard
- Constantly reinforce the Health & Safety culture, striving for an accident free site. If accidents happen, ensure that First Aid is administered (where appropriate), reported to the Construction Director and recorded on SHEQ systems
- Progressively and formally inspect all stages under construction (including Stage 4, Pre-Plaster, Pre-Paint and Pre-CML; to identify/rectify any defects and educate operatives/sub-contractors to eradicate recurrent problems.
- Liaise with Project Manager/Senior Site Manager/Site Manager to complete any items raised on 21 day visits by Home Sales Executives
- Feedback design improvement and innovations through the Project Manager/Senior Site Manager/Site Manager
- Ensure materials are stored securely and in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations to minimise loss and wastage
- Advise the Project Manager/Senior Site Manager/Site Manager of material shortages and excesses in order to adjust schedules
- Ensure waste materials/packaging are recycled wherever possible and where not are disposed of in accordance with the waste management policy
- Monitor the performance of Suppliers and Sub contractors in line with the cost reports from Commercial Director
- Lead and motivate the site team (direct employees and sub-contractors) to achieve the required objectives
- Ensure that direct employees on site receive timely feedback on their performance and are trained and developed accordingly. Monitoring the skills attained through training
- Oversee the training and development of Trainees on site
- Responsible for the training and development of your staff
- Undertake the responsibilities/duties of the Project Manager/Senior Site Manager/Site Manager in his absence
- Participate in Pre-Site Start meetings following detailed preparation; studying drawings and specification, site inspection with Project Manager/Senior Site Manager/Site Manager and Construction Director and ensuring site is set up in both a timely and effective manner
- Produce short term working programmes to manage production in line with Development Programme to the required standards
- Ensure consultant engineers provide all inspection and certification to comply with planning/building regulations requirements
- Manage and liaise with all specialised sub-contractors to ensure works are carried out on time and to required standards
- Ensure all completion dates are met resourcing adequate staffing requirements where applicable
- Strive to achieve construction excellence and recognition within internal awards (Centre of Excellence) and external awards (N.H.B.C. "Pride in the Job").
- Carry out routine inspections (minimum twice per day per plot) to ensure that instructions are carried out, the specification and site presentation requirements are complied with, and the required quality standards are met
- Liaise with NHBC and Local Authority Inspectors for Key Stage Inspections; escort inspectors on site and act upon their findings in the Project Manager/Senior Site Manager/Site Managers absence.
What we are looking for:
- Team commitment
- Demonstrates eye for detail and commitment to delivery excellent standards
- Excellent organisational skills
- Effectively manage time in order to meet deadlines
- Professional attitude and approach to work
- Ability to competently operate MS office (Word & Excel)
- Current and Valid UK driving license
- Previous Site experience
- Up to date relevant knowledge of building legislation
- Up to date relevant knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
8Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
We offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay - We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme - Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff - We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust - We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Recognition - We have a scheme to reward people who go the extra mile for our company.
- Development - we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Please note that due to the high level of applications, if you have not been contacted within 5 days of the closing date please assume your application has not been successful.