Security Operations Manager
- Full Time
Role Description - IT Security Operations Manager
Manage BAU security operations for the firm, with the following responsibilities:
- Functional management of the new offshore SOC.
- Led migration of activities from existing London team to the SOC.
- Ensuring continued high quality engagement between the SOC function and London operations.
- Regular review of SOC processes to ensure they remain current.
- Working with local SOC team leadership to ensure SOC team members have appropriate training and skills.
- Management of BAU security operations for the firm including the following activities:
- Vulnerability management.
- Responsible for triage and investigation of security issues/alarms.
- Incident Response.
- Maintenance of Security toolkit.
- Security approvals including:
- Technical configuration reviews.
- Permissions and recertification's.
- Creation and maintenance of threat monitoring alarms/indicators to ensure Insight keeps up with current threats.
- Excellent knowledge of SIEM based technologies, preferably LogRhythm. Ability to be use, manage and enhance solution.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- IP data networking with Checkpoint, Cisco, Fortinet, Palo Alto & FortiGate firewalls, Cisco, Brocade and VMWare switches. Understanding and application of firewall policy.
- Vulnerability discovery, testing and exploitation.
- Security incident response including identification, preservation and interpretation of computer evidence, especially in a VDI environment, and investigation tools
- Experience with modern computer security technical systems. Including network (Firewalls, proxies, IDS) host (build & execution control, AV, administration) development (secure coding, release control) and access control (provisioning, approvals and certifications, permissioning) among others.
- Good knowledge of platforms including Windows and AD, VMWare, View VDI, Sharepoint, Excel, MS-SQL, Appsense and Unix-style OS.
- Scripting and programming, perhaps in Java, C#, Python, Powershell or others, particularly for compliance.
- Assessment and approval of changes, designs and systems for policy compliance.
- 5+ years working in a technical security operations role.
- Experience managing SOC style activities, ideally including management of a SOC function.
- CISSP certificated (or equivalent).
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.