Waking Night Support Worker - 18 or 27 hours available
Are you a night owl?
We are looking to recruit a Waking Night Support Worker to join our dedicated team of staff in Ipswich. You will be supporting J.W within his own flat during the night.
We have 5 key values at Mencap and one of those is inclusive. We like to include the people we support in the recruitment process and have asked J.W what he is looking for from his support worker. He is looking for someone with a good sense of humour who shares his love of game shows. It can be common for JW to wake up during the night and in this instance; he would like someone to have a conversation with him. Due to J.Ws mobility, there would be a need for someone to be able to identify hazards on the floor and remove them before J.W trips/falls.
When J.W is fast asleep you will be completing light domesticated duties such as ironing, cleaning, and other household chores. Have a look at the additional details tab for more information about J.W.
This is perfect opportunity if you are looking for friendly and caring environment to work in. The best thing is anyone can do it, as long as you have positive mind-set and are attentive at all times. You will always have another support worker on site to assist you with your duties. In return for your hard work we will support you through our award winning training to help you progress in your career with us!
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Job ID: 9157
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You`ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We`ll ask a lot of you - but you`ll get back so much more. With us, it`s never `just a job`.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.
That means listening to them, understanding what they like, and supporting them to make decisions and achieve the things they want to achieve.