Employment Type: Permanent
Package: A competitive salary plus a 10% car allowance and a discretionary bonus
About the Role
Smart DCC, a subsidiary of Capita plc, are looking for two Legal Associates to join them on a permanent basis at their headquarters in London. The roles, reporting to the Commercial Director, will sit within the Commercial & Procurement department and provide advisory and transactional legal support across a range of smart metering programmes. They are excellent opportunities for post-qualified lawyers with a growing organisation.
About Smart DCC | Business Unit
Smart DCC was awarded the Data Communications Company Licence in October 2013 as part of the UK government's smart metering programme. This was set up to enable the roll out of over 53m smart meters across the UK by 2020.
The programme aims to pass a number of benefits onto consumers, allowing them to;
- Manage and control their energy use to save money and reduce carbon emissions
- Provide accurate meter readings and real-time information
- Help them make informed purchasing decisions and reducing the barriers to switching
- Responsible for providing advisory and transactional legal support across a range of Smart DCC's smart metering programmes, principally by acting as a commercially astute and trusted advisor to the commercial and finance teams.
- Manage legal risks arising from contractual arrangements with third parties such as DCC's data and communications service providers.
- Advise on the procurement of external service capability in line with Smart DCCs procurement policy
- Assess regulatory risks under DCC's smart meter communications licence and the Smart Energy Code.
- Provide general corporate and procurement advice.
- Excellent technical knowledge of contract law and comprehensive experience in the TMT sector advising on commercial, technology and regulatory issues.
- Trained at a law firm with a highly rated TMT or other related department.
- Strong PQE experience.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share plan schemes, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.