Graduate Strategy Internship- Digital Agency- London- Paid
Based in the heart of Soho, this company was established in 2011 as the first ‘Mobile First” digital agency. They were ahead of the curve in encouraging brands to recognise a new reality in consumer
behaviour, the ever increasing time people were spending on mobile devices, combined with increasing diversity of things they were doing on mobile.
They work with big brands and start-ups to help them shape their use of technology from strategy through to development. They work with these brands and media agencies to create websites, apps, virtual reality, ads, interactive DOOH, and other tech solutions.
The company has grown quickly over the past 6 years to more than 50 people. In early 2014, they sold a share of their business to Omnicom, giving them the strength and backing of a major advertising and media network. But they stayed true to their roots with the culture and atmosphere of a start-up and all the energy and opportunity for talent that brings.
In true start up style, they regularly throw people in at the deep end, but with the right amount of backup and mentorship to help people succeed.
They are a talented bunch of technical specialists, designers, creative technologists, relationship managers, and strategists, crucially all under one roof!
Above all, they have produced some amazingly cool work for their clients who include tier one brands like; Samsung, Canon, PlayStation, Jaguar, sport Lucozade, Virgin Media, Greggs, Xbox, Microsoft, John Lewis, Waitrose, Motorola, and many more besides.
This a 3 month internship paying National Minimum Wage designed to lead to a permanent graduate job.
A typical day would be:
The company is growing at a rapid pace and now looking for a graduate to join the strategy team. This team is responsible for the following.
- Creating and delivering pitches and proposals to brands.
- Performing market and audience research.
- Creating social and digital strategies to help brands optimise their digital presence.
- Organising and delivering strategic workshops to help brands explore new ideas for marketing or digital products.
- Helping to push the ongoing product development for some of the company’s biggest clients.
You will be working with the Strategy Director and Senior Strategist and initially spend a lot of time helping with the creation of a new app from kick-off. You will spend your time helping to work out a content strategy, performing audits on existing content, sourcing copy and content, and working with designers, developers and project managers to create the new app for one of the company’s biggest brands. You will then begin working on a broader range of brands and projects and assist with market research, writing pitches/proposals, communicating with the design team, attending meetings with brands and agencies, and joining in creative brainstorms for brand ideas.
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications:
- A graduate with a degree in any discipline.
- Highly academic with proven analytical skill.
- A confident communicator with a positive attitude.
- Able to present ideas in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent language and grammar skills.
- Well-organised and willing to get stuck in.
- Able to work to a fixed deadline.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Interested in digital and new and innovative technologies.
- Any knowledge of web and mobile applications and sites and/or experience managing project would be a bonus.
What are the perks of interning at this company?
As a growing company, you’ll have a great opportunity to make an impact both in the company and in the advertising industry. You will gain exposure to some of the biggest worldwide brands, a unique insight into the growing mobile industry, and have the chance to work with many Omnicom media agencies. You will also be able to enjoy a casual dress code, free breakfast, pool and darts in the office, monthly work drinks, and being in the perfect location for lunchtime shopping!
Questions for applicants to think about:
- What is the most exciting use of technology by a brand that you’ve seen?
- What is your favourite brand and why?
- What are the pros and cons of brands having apps?