Senior Integration Accountant
Job Title: Senior Integration Accountant
Location: Bath (office relocating to Keynsham end of 2017)
Salary: £47,000-£51,000 plus benefits
Job Ref: VLL/19042
Purpose of role:
As allocated by the Finance Integration Controller; to ensure the smooth integration of new subsidiaries joining the group (as it relates to financial matters) and the production of the management accounts until transitioned into the group. Assisting with the completion of apportionment statements, completion accounts and following through on correcting incorrect tax practices. Assisting with the successful handover of integration tasks not completed by the Finance Acquisition Team such as takings, purchase ledger, IT marketing etc. Line management for 3 staff, mixture of qualified and studying staff.
Specific duties to include:
- On site integration visits in advance of joining the group with follow up visit post acquisition.
- Completion of the Finance integration task list on time to quality for assigned tasks.
- Support the training of new subsidiaries on reporting when on site.
- Particular focus on a timely and correct handover to payroll and pensions and ensuring payroll is paid on time and the Pension Administrator is aware of all pension information.
- As agreed with the Finance Integration Manager follow on issues from tax DDQ and documentation of actions taken for tax audit purposes.
- Presenting oneself in line with group values and maintaining those values at all times.
- Production of Management Accounts.
- Production of the management accounts profit and loss and balance sheet in for share purchases until hive up and trade and asset deals for the first two months until handover into MA team.
- Identification of any financial process issues, and resolving before transition to the MA team.
- Consistent processes adopted in line with the business.
- Successful handover of the management accounts into the main MA team with briefing session.
- Delivery of accounts to WD10 with fully reconciled balance sheet with issues resolved prior to close.
- Reconstruction of fixed asset registers where required.
- Assist Finance Integration Controller with review of P&L and balance sheets.
- Completion of audit files and a clean audit report as it relates to the teams areas of responsibility.
- Completion Accounts and the relevant accounting.
- Ownership of the completion and review of the apportionment statements and the completion accounts.
Skills and experience required
- Strong academically - educated to degree (equivalent) level and having completed their professional accounting qualification (CIMA or similar).
- This person would be qualified with post qualified experience.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment - flexibility is key.
- Excellent IT skills including advanced excel, and confident on various management reporting systems.
- Strong attention to detail, and able to deliver right-first-time results quickly without getting lost in the detail.
- Deadline focussed, and willing to put in the effort required to ensure they always meet them.
- Understanding of small companies and how they work, but needs big company background to understand/suggest best practice principles and help to drive change.
- Ability to successfully influence while still delivering key messages and results.
- Will need to be happy travelling with occasional overnight stays as group is national.