Rutherford Briant are recruiting for a Credit Controller in Bury St Edmunds. This is with a growing business which offers the opportunity to join a successful business.
- Ensure effective collection of company debt
- Ensure prompt and correct allocation of payments together with remittance advice collection
- Works with autonomy on collections of own ledger, and key accounts
- Anticipate developments, and identify accounts that will require special attention
- Handle disputed accounts and negotiate to bring payment into line with terms
- Maintain accurate individual measurement and performance statistics
- Assess the creditworthiness of new and existing customers
- Maintain clear and concise records of customer communications
- Interact well with customers and departmental colleagues
- Manage relationships with the clients in order to reduce exposure to potential bad debt.
- Show a genuine desire to hit targets always being conscious of ways to improve own performance and those who surround you.
The ideal candidate will have previous Debt Collection / Credit Control experience and have the ability to prioritise, meet targets, deadlines and work under pressure.