MOT Tester / Technician / Mechanic
We are currently recruiting for a MOT Tester / Technician / Mechanic to join our client’s Weston Super Mare team.
Our client is part of a Group who employ over 1,500 staff and is the brand for a national chain of mechanical and fast fit centres. With 104 centres nationwide, they are one of the UK's largest independent chain of fast fit and mechanical centres with plans to increase the network by a further 20% in 2017.
This Group have built their reputation on selling tyres but have diversified into offering MOT’s and general mechanical repairs. They have developed their centres to ensure they have the latest, state of the art equipment, which enables them to test almost any brand of vehicle that comes their way.
The Role of MOT Tester / Technician / Mechanic
Working in this well-equipped workshop you will be responsible for:
• Carrying out repairs and servicing on vehicles from a wide range of manufactures.
• Tyre, brake and exhaust fitting.
• Class 4 MOT Inspections and repairs.
• Diagnosis of electrical and mechanical vehicle malfunctions.
• Performing work as outlined.
Skills and Attributes
Our client’s aim is to get vehicles back on the road promptly whilst delivering complete customer satisfaction and working within their safety standard to maintain workshop equipment and keep all required paperwork in order.
As MOT Tester / Technician / Mechanic you will:
• Hold a valid MOT licence
• A full UK driving licence
• Own your own tools (desirable)
• The ability to interact with our customers effectively
• Experience of working in a team
• Act on your own initiative and take responsibility for the quality of your own work
• Behave in accordance with our core values and principles, and treat people with respect and courtesy.
• The willingness to constantly learn and be able to improve your own performance
For the role of MOT Tester / Technician / Mechanic you will work an average of 45 hours per week on a rota basis and there is a highly competitive remuneration package on offer including pension, staff discounts and cycle to work schemes.
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
automotive, motor, tyres, mechanic, technician, MOT, maintenance, repair, VOSA, vehicles,