Big Data Engineer Dubai
Big Data Engineer / Hadoop / NoSQL / Python / Java / Dubai / TAX FREE!!
Our client, one of the worlds most valuable and exciting brands is lookig to recruit several Big Data & Senior Big Data Engineers to ensure they can continue to evolve their Big Data platform at pace and ahead of the competitve curve.
- Having over all 7+ years of IT development experience in Database, Java or any programming languages.
- Minimum 5+ years of working experience in the Apache Hadoop framework, HDFS, Map Reduce, Hive, Flume, Kafka, Sqoop, Oozie, Spark, Spark Streaming and Scala.
- Experience in Big Data and batch/real-time ingestion and analytical solutions leveraging transformational technologies.
- Experience in Java, spring, Elasticsearch and Cassandra.
- Experience in data mining, data modelling, data processing, machine learning, natural language processing or information retrieval.
- Understand the source systems data, gather & able to transfer the data into HDFS as RAW and Decomposed layer (including writing Oozie workflow, coordinators, Sqoop and Flume)
- Capability to design and develop independently.
- Experience and knowledge of a wide variety of testing methods and tools covering functional, performance, regression, system integration, smoke testing of Business Intelligence, ETL, Big Data ( Ingestion, Modeling, Serving layer) and Business Analytical landscape.
- Good understanding about Lambda architecture and Big Data analytics framework.
- Have exposure in implementing/identifying testing automation processes & tools
- Having exposure on the Cloudera Manager, Cloudera Navigator, Hue, Shell Scripting, Apache Pig and Python
- Good understanding in XSD, XML and JSON schemas
- Integrating Hadoop with Oracle and NoSQL databases
- Use technical tools or native programming languages, to find, identify and diagnose solution defects based on data models or data extracts. Write advanced SQL queries to verify the integrity of databases including data transformations
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Commerce, Business Administration, Operations Research or a related field
Competencies / Agile Skills
- Transparency and Collaboration
- Self-driven and Self-learning
- Problem solving and decision making
- End-End solution
- Appetite to develop in multiple platforms
For a confidential chat, please call Chris Murdoch on