Our Client is a fast-growing design agency. They have been in business for over 15 years and in that time have built up a portfolio of more than 450 ongoing clients. They offer a full range of graphic design services from branding and literature design through to advertising, although, the core business is website design, management and search engine optimisation.
They have a young, dynamic team who are all encouraged to take an interest in, and input ideas, relating to all aspects of the business and its future development. They are proud to have been awarded the Investors in People standard back in 2008, and are committed to developing the skills and qualifications of their team.
You will work in an open plan office environment with lovely sea views. The basic salary will depend on experience/qualifications etc.
You will also have up to 28 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays!), Pension, medical insurance, income protection, critical illness, life assurance, share option scheme etc.
Salary: To £23,000
Hours; Mon-Fri, 9-5
The role covers the production of 'copy’ for five distinct areas:
New business - The sales team sell websites, and this includes a copywriting service. Different levels of copywriting can be purchased - so the copy may be just for some sections of the site or for the whole site. Some of these new clients may already have an existing web site, some may not.
Existing clients - A number of our existing clients buy a 'redesign’ of their existing site and may need the copy rewriting/reworking.
Existing web sites - The Search Engine Optimisation team identify sites that need their copy 'tweaking’ on a regular basis. This may involve reworking specific pages, or on some occasions, the whole site.
Blogs/articles for clients - Blogs/articles may need to be written for clients as part of the Premier and Social Media packages.
Company material - Content for the website or for promotional literature etc. Is required on a regular basis. Occasional articles/advertorials about Company may also need to be written for magazines etc.
- The request for copy will be passed over from the sales/SEO person via email (with relevant information attached) and updated on the ACT CSM system. They may also chat to the copywriter to provide more of a brief.
- A telephone appointment will be arranged so the copywriter can speak to the client to identify content requirements/tone etc.
- The copywriter will follow up this initial call by sending an email to the client - noting what has been discussed and requesting any more information that may be needed.
- The copywriter will produce a couple of draft pages (usually the Welcome page and a treatment page) and forward to these to the client.
- Once approval has been received for these pages, production of the remainder of the content should be carried out and forwarded to the client to approve.
The copywriter is responsible for:
- Contacting the client to obtain a full brief and understanding of requirements.
- Writing grammatically correct, engaging copy to a standard required by the client.
- Checking everything is correct prior to forwarding to the client.
- Keeping the client informed about progress and chasing them for feedback.
- Experience in a marketing role
- Good research skills
- Proven track record of writing copy
- Experience of dealing directly with clients
- An ability to write 'creatively’
- Ability to write about subjects that may be unfamiliar
- Excellent communication skills, both on the telephone and in writing
- An interest in digital marketing, the web and social media
- Ability to self-manage and motivate
- Able to use 'Windows’ software, particularly 'Word’
- Excellent admin skills
- Team player
- Familiarity with ACT! Or other Customer Relationship Management software
- Experience working with Content Management Systems (CMS) in particular WordPress
- Ability to use HTML coding software i.e Contribute, Dreamweaver