Big Data Developer ETL
- Full Time
Big Data Developer (ETL) / ETL Big Data Engineer / Hadoop / Cassandra / Informatica / Oracle 12c / Dubai / Full re-location package arranged and paid for!!
One of the worlds leading and most valuable brands is looking for Big Data Developers to design, develop, successfully deliver & maintain large scale IT solutions and projects of Business intelligence and Data warehouse Compliance with the project standards and processes of the IT department. Meet defined business requirements within agreed timescales and cost. Provide technical and commercial functional domain guidance to the project teams throughout the project development phases from initiation to completion.
Primary Skills: - PowerCenter Informatica, Oracle 12c, Exadata.
Secondary Skills: - Cassandra, Hadoop, Google Big Query, Hive, Data modeling tools and Microstrategy
Experience: - 8+ years of full time experience (in below key technical skills)
Education: - Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
Key Technical skills - ETL
- Lead and contribute to the design, development and delivery of Business Analytics and Data warehouse solutions using Informatica and other ETL tools, according to the approved work programme with adherence to time, cost, regulatory and quality parameters.
- Ensure optimal analytical & ETL performance is maintained within the proposed BI/data warehouse tools & technologies.
- Develop and deploy ETL job workflow with reliable error/exception handling and rollback framework
- Generate robust ETL code to accommodate changes in source data and new business requirements, document the detailed design and test results.
- Manage automation of file processing as well as all ETL processes within a job workflow and ensure data quality throughout the ETL process
Key Technical skills - Database
- In-depth Knowledge and working experience in various databases like Oracle with in-memory , SQL Server, Exadata, Cassandra, Hadoop, Google Big Query, Hive
- Extensive experience on query execution/optimisation for various Databases
- Possess good Data Modelling knowledge and suggest the optimal model for the semantic layer, that includes dimension Modelling, snowflake and star schema creation, based on Business requirements
- Strong background in database concepts like Partitioning, Indexing, Materialized views and DB advance technique like parallel execution, in-memory , map- reduce
- Work with technical design team by warranting a finest conversion of LDM to Physical data model (PDM) by ensuring the optimal analytical and best performance
Job Purpose & Accountabilities:
- Ensure the deployment and alignment of work undertaken by the development team is in-line with business Application / Enterprise Architecture, standards, methods and practices.
- Working experience in an agile environment.
- Understanding of infrastructure components and ability to assess infrastructure is recommended.
- Ensure the deployment and alignment of work undertaken by the development team is in line with business Application / Enterprise Architecture, standards, methods and practices.
- Contribute to improvement of System Development Life Cycle, procedures and standards to improve IT capabilities, assisting the quality management team in continual process, quality and productivity improvement.
- Ensure project change management approach is followed and that enhancements are appropriately prioritized and developed and all documentation is completed appropriately.
- Work in all areas as per agreed Enterprise Information Management Policies & Standards
- Demonstrated proficiency in OLTP/OLAP, Analysis and E-R modelling, developing database structures for relational, dimensional and multidimensional modelling.
- Reviews the user requirements documents and ensures that they are of high quality, clarity and detailed sufficient for initiation of development. Ensure proposed solution meet the agreed
- Customer expected requirements and are technically maintainable. Provide guidance and support on SIT and UAT for covering the adequate testing
- Provide fair, accurate and timely feedback to line management on the performance of resources assigned to the project. Effectively manage, direct, inspire and coach the work and capability of project team resources in data warehousing and Business intelligence technical domain and in functional domain as a subject matter expert.
- Extensive experience in Business Intelligence tools and in query writing, and in SQL tuning
- Specialised knowledge in Commercial functional domain and data warehousing applications. Strong relationship with commercial Business units.
- Strong background in database concepts and Basic knowledge on UNIX shell scripting.
- Experience and knowledge of software development best practices in large data warehouse implementation.
- Experience in Data modelling tools such as Erwin, Enterprise Architect etc.
For a confidential discussion, please call Chris Murdoch on