Mechanical & Production Engineer Automated Machinery
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer / Production Engineer to join a fast growing cosmetics company at their manufacturing site based in Surrey. Salary on offer is £30k - £40k + Bens. The Mechanical Engineer role will be a combination of design, installation and validation of new automated production lines together with supporting & maintaining the existing production line and facilities. This will include both preventative maintenance and leading technical root cause investigations, as well as being responsible for process characterisation / optimisation and production line ramp-ups.
- Designing, Installing and Supporting new automated production line equipment, such as motors, valves and pumps.
- Investigating and testing ideas to improve existing systems and solve problems
- On-going preventative maintenance of all machinery and general mechanical and electrical maintenance repairs as they arise
- Participation in process trouble shooting and problem solving activities.
- Provide technical support for existing product lines to resolve design and manufacturing issues
- Participate in outsourcing, cost reduction and process improvement activities
- Develop and sustain manufacturing documentation
- Troubleshoot failures and implement corrective actions (changes to process, materials, components etc)
Mechanical Engineer Person Specification:
- HNC/HND/Degree in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering or similar discipline
- Proven experience in a 'clean' high volume, highly automated production environment such as food, pharmaceuticals or other FMCG manufacturing.
- Demonstrated innovation, creativity and problem solving skills in a fast paced, global environment.
- Specialisation in either mechanical, electrical or automation & control.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Regulations.
- Excellent diagnostic skills.
- Must be motivated, organized and possess good communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative, as well as part of a team
SALARY: £30k - £40k Basic + Bens
HOURS: 37.5hours per week, nominally 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday, but may be subject to change to a rota system working between 7am and 7pm.
LOCATION: Surrey (Commutable from London, Croydon, Crawley, Woking, Twickenham, Epsom, Sevenoaks)