Operations Associate - 12 month FTC
- Full Time
World First is a market-leading, award-winning, bank-beating, rapidly growing, fun-loving international payments company and we are looking to hire an Operations Associate - Payments.
The World First Operations Team is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join their team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a keen interest in finance and/or the financial markets to work at one of the most innovative and fastest growing foreign exchange companies in the UK.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Setting up outgoing same day & international payments (SWIFT, SEPA, BACS & Faster Payments) via our internal system in a number of currencies via various banking platforms
- Corresponding via telephone / email / fax with various Banking institutions, liaising with our stakeholders in other departments as well as clients who call to speak to their dealers on a daily basis
- Investigating missing payments, setting up cases, recalling of funds and following up with each party involved making sure everyone is kept up to date
- Working to daily deadlines and payment cut-offs
Skills and experience required:
- Communication skills. Being able to convey information to people clearly and simply using correct English and grammar via telephone and emails
- Accuracy and attention to detail. Noticing errors and missing information, advising the departments responsible for correcting
- Numeracy and organisational skills. An understanding of arithmetic, statistics and financial terminology.
- Team player as well as being able to work alone unassisted. Covering colleagues’ workloads during sickness and leave
- Experience of a similar role would be desirable however not essential
- Experience with the SWIFT network would also be desirable but not essential
- Basic salary £23,000-£25,000
- Excellent benefits package including annual discretionary bonus, season ticket loan, company pension scheme and health cover
- A fun working environment based in central London
- An international and talented team of co-workers
- Free tea, coffee, fruit, breakfast, Friday beer fridge, free massages, tri-annual company parties, bi-annual team nights out, annual charity day, birthday lie-in