Senior Practice Accountant- ACA/ ACCA-
Balmforth Associates is a small one partner firm based in Farringdon, London. We are growing year by year and are looking for a strong candidate to join our existing team of four.
We specialise in the design and media sectors, acting for numerous entertainers, presenters, dancers, agencies and actors as well as architects and designers. Clients range from one-man businesses, to £2m turnover companies and the quality of the relationship with each client is paramount to the overall sucess of the business.
Experience of working with smaller owner managed business is therefore paramount.
The candidate will beACA/ACCA qualified with at least two years post qualified experience within a small practice environment. It is essential that the sucessful candidate has confidence in communicating with clients at all levels.
Experience of using Iris Accountancy Suite is highly desirable
The role will encompass, but not be limited to, the following duties:
- Accounts preparation for a wide range of business entities from both manual and computerised records.
- Reviewing the work of more junior members of staff within the practice
- Taking responsibility for the timely submission of statutory accounts and CT600 returns and ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Preparation of corporation tax computations and returns.
- Working closely with the director to ensure quality of output and efficiency of procedures
- Self assessment tax returns for directors of limited companies where we prepare the stat accounts.
- Training more junior employees and offering advice and assistance as required
This is a great opportunity for a self motivated individual to join a vibrant team and be an integral part of the company. As the company is small it is anticipated that the role will change gradually over time and as the business grows. There is therefore the chance for the sucessful candidate to put his/her mark on the role and to increase their responsibility within the firm over time.