Technical Business Analyst / Systems Analyst - Agile
Technical Business Analyst / Systems Analyst / System Analyst
A talented and enthusiastic Technical Business Analyst is required to join an exciting new start up that provides a safe, secure and sovereign data platform, with the ability to undertake analysis of private data with the consent of the data owners, and designed to be the first 'citizen' centric data portal providing data management services to both organisations and individuals, with the citizen able to make choices on the control of their personal data allowing them to gather, manage and use their data to make better decisions and manage their lives better. The rapidly expanding data privacy market is forecast to grow exponentially over the coming years and the services offered to both organisations and individuals meet both consumer trends and on-going Government aspirations. This new venture is driven by a highly experienced board of Directors with a strong track record of entrepreneurial success building successful tech and data companies.
We are recruiting a Technical Business Analyst to facilitate workshops and other required information gathering sessions to generate requirements for the product(s). The role will also need to document required artefacts to support the products and their implementation including, but not limited to gap analysis, use case scenarios, success criteria and process flows.
Role Responsibilities & Duties:
- Participate in Engineering Sprint Teams, contributing effectively to all activities as required by the team.
- In addition to the above, with the product owner and scrum team:
- write or splituser stories.
- write or adapt product visions.
- order product backlog items.
- Problem Identification and Root Cause Analysis of processes that support important use cases of the product.
- Identification of relevant business metrics and KPIs to establish evidence based success criteria and feedback systems.
- Liaise with relevant technical and business teams to ensure that business and operational readiness tasks are identified and managed.
- Responsible for tracking requirements traceability for compliance, completeness, coverage and consistency, mapping requirements and deliverables to stories to ensure no requirement gaps.
- Create user guides and training materials.
- Presenting project progression to clients in the form of demonstrations, show and tells and webinars in order to obtain feedback as the project progresses and drive discussion points for requirements.
- Participate in testing activates including liaising with customers during user acceptance testing.
- Manage issues during implementation phase - make sure the customer is aware of their status from creation through to resolution as well making sure the issues are given correct priority in the backlog.
- To identify risks and escalate where necessary to project manager.
- Play a lead role within the engineering team.
- Strong track record as a technical orientated Business Analyst
- Experience of presenting ideas to customers and potential customers.
- Full software development project lifecycle experience, both in Agile and Waterfall methodologies,
- Solid technical background, exposure to a development environment and understanding of software as-a-service product sets.
- Design and effective use of RESTful APIs.
- Architecture and design of distributed, data intensive, highly available cloud native systems.
- General development skills, including algorithms, patterns and effective development practices.
- Web application security.
- Distributed Version Control in a commercial environment (Git).
- Agile software development processes.
This is a great opportunity to get in at the very beginning with an exciting new company and product with a comprehensive benefits and bonus package including share options combined with a very flexible working environment which includes flexible hours and home working 1-2 days per week in a brand new state of the office. The role is based in Bath within an easy commute of Bristol, Chippenham, Swindon, Wiltshire and Gloucestershire.