Purchase Ledger Clerk (Accounts Payable)
My client, one of the UK’s largest manufacturers of building supplies, is looking for an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk (Accounts Payable) to join their team in South West Wales.
As a Purchase Ledger Clerk, you will be working within the finance department, reporting to the Purchase Ledger Supervisor. You will be responsible for the administration and accounting of all purchases and payments the organisation makes.
Your responsibilities will include.;
- Maintaining accurate payroll data and keeping records updated.
- Prepare and process weekly and monthly payroll including entering data into the Sage and Timeware systems, calculation of bonus payments and preparing and distributing payslips and payroll statistics.
- Process and monitor all staffing changes including starters, leavers and agency staff and other amendments to salaries and employee data in compliance with policy and payroll requirements.
- Maintain and input precise and accurate daily timesheets for employees into the Timeware system including transfers between departments.
- The input, calculation and recording of payments for sickness, maternity, paternity and adoption leave both statutory and occupational.
- The processing of relevant Inland Revenue forms including P45, P46 etc.
- Prepare information to assist in the provision of information to external agencies in relation to mortgage reference, Child Support Agency questionnaires etc. as required.
- Manage all types of attachments orders.
- Numerical / analytical
- IT literate
You will be rewarded with an annual salary of up to £18,000 (depending on experience).