Reinsurance Research Analyst - Mandarin / English
Title: Reinsurance Research Analyst - Mandarin Speaker
Location: City of London
Salary: to £30,000 depending on skills and knowledge
Language: Fluent Mandarin & English
An opportunity to join a small team of reinsurance specialists working for one of the largest (re)insurance groups in the world. The London representative office co-ordinates the activities of the Lloyds syndicate platform and reports directly to the HQ, located overseas.
- Keep contacts with the parent company and its subsidiaries, arrangement of mutual visits for both sides.
- Market Research and Analysis, including the trend, scale, structure, profile of the industry and the links with the society and economy
- Analysis of all lines of business, control of technical data process, performance of the (re)insurance, profit-making model, etc.
- Periodically compile and manage the report of the study and research to the parent company
- Responsible for the purchase of office stables, appliances, etc. and its bookkeeping
- Reception, Call in/out records, traveling reserve, etc.
- Conducting agenda management
- Ad hoc analysis and reports, as requested
Qualifications & Experience required
- Degree - Bachelor or Above Experience (Economics, Finance, Statistics, Actuary or similar)
- Experience of 3+ years in (re)insurance, especially in UK Companies, is an advantage, but candidates with less or no specific (re)insurance experience will be considered.
- Education in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Actuary
- Understanding the core operating indicators, regulations, profit-making models, governing structure of the industry
- Language skills: English and Mandarin Chinese, both fluent written and spoken;
- Very good comprehension of MS Office (e.g. Excel, Word, Power Point); Flair for numbers;
- Good verbal and written business communication skills;
- Good project management
- Diligent and accurate working style
- Detail oriented
- Excellent team player and openness
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.