Data Management Change Lead
A Data Management Change Lead is required by a leading global investment bank to lead a small team responsible for setting, defining and implementing the strategy for providing bank wide quality reference data. The role sits within the Book Reference Data (BRDS) Service Management team.
Managing a team of 3, your key responsibilities will include
- Determining the Book of Work (BoW) priority for the year and ensuring prioritised items get tracked and delivered.
- Collaborating with the BRDS Business Adoption and Book Mastering Team to ensure adoption targets are met and prioritized appropriately, boosting consumer confidence to encourage Business adoption. This will include ensuring proper documentation is in place for new consumers looking to consume our data via the Data Integration Framework (DIF) platform.
- Ensuring the Run the Bank & Service Management section of the BRDS Change Delivery Operating Model is implemented and followed, Operating Level Agreements with consumers set out and agreed, and assisting in managing the global Service Performance and Service Risk.
- Managing the creation of user acceptance test (UAT) cases and ensuring they are created in line with requirements.
- Facing off to global based consumers and ensuring appropriate pro-active, regular communication with all internal and external stakeholders regarding change requests and system requirements.
- Understanding the US and global regulations which BRDS are involved in and facing off to key programme stakeholders and actively partaking in working groups.
You will have strong data management experience, preferably with reference data experience. Previous banking experience would be advantageous but is not essential. You will have a good working knowledge of the full IT development lifecycle and have previous people management experience. Previous project management experience is desirable. In addition, you must possess excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.