Technical & Statutory Accountant
Edward Mann are recruiting on behalf of a large multi-site group based in Central London - our client is looking to recruit a Technical & Statutory Accountant into their fast-paced Group Finance team.
The Technical & Statutory Accountant has responsibility for the timely preparation and completion of the statutory accounts in line with FRS102. They will act as the main point of contact with the external auditors and manage the timetable to ensure that the audit runs to plan. Furthermore, they will provide technical accounting support (for example, financial due diligence and other special projects) and best practice guidance to various stakeholders around the business.
- Production of annual financial statements for circa 50 statutory entities in line with FRS102
- Responsibility for the preparation of annual company audit files to support financial statement disclosures.
- Developing a good working relationship with the external auditors, managing the timetable and ensuring that the statutory deadlines are met.
- Produce technical accounting papers for the senior executive team, outlining the implications of a particular accounting treatment, or a particular judgement.
- Support the wider team, including the Senior Management team throughout the year, providing technical support and guidance on best practice in the sector, and on any complex areas of accounting and reporting.
- Own the implementation of any new accounting requirements across the group, from new accounting standards to new disclosures.
- Remain up to date on changes to accounting standards and reporting requirements, to ensure the group remains compliant and also is demonstrating best practice in the areas of external reporting.
- Review the application of key accounting policies and judgements across the group to ensure consistency.
- Qualified chartered accountant (although those not qualified but with relevant experience will still be considered)
- Experienced in the preparation of statutory accounts
- Strong knowledge and understanding of IFRS and US GAAP technical accounting
Edward Mann Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Edward Mann Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.