Agile Tester Business Intelligence
QA Lead / QA Test Lead / BI Test Lead / Business Intelligence Testing / QA / Agile / Dubai - Tax Free!!!
One of the worlds most valuable brands is seeking a competent BI Tester, with previous experience across all aspects of the testing function in an Analytics or BI domain, to work on enterprise wide agile BI projects. The role will deliver rapid value to business users through the use of business intelligence tools to bring insight driven analysis to the forefront of its decision making capability.
As a BI Tester, you are involved with many aspects of the software development process, including: Test Strategy, Test Plan and Test Case creation, execution of test cases, reporting any defects found, as well as working with software engineers to resolve defects. You will build and assist in the building of tools and testing environments used in the process of software testing. You will also provide support to users when new code has been deployed to production.
The role will operate as part of an Agile Delivery Team focused on the delivery of high quality business features that are robust and performant.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Knowledge
- 3+ years of Enterprise experience in BI/Data Warehousing Quality Assurance testing projects
- 1+ years of Enterprise experience in test automation & test automation tools
- Experience defining test strategies, planning, User Acceptance Testing criteria and performing all testing activities using tools such as HP ALM
- Experience writing test cases, creating bug reports, executing and tracking testing assignments
- Knowledge of test automation approaches, processes, and tools including maintenance of the automated test systems
- Knowledge of SQL for writing complex queries to verify data
- Ability to map functional requirement with technical design and ensure the complete workflow is tested understanding the impact of dependant modules
- Extensive knowledge in writing positive and negative test cases for information accuracy
- Knowledge on Security related test cases for Reporting
- Familiarity with Object Oriented programming concepts
- Ability to code in at least one programming language Java, C#, Python or Ruby
- Exposure to enterprise BI tools such as MicroStrategy, SAP BO, Tableau, IBM Cognos, QlikView. MicroStrategy experience is advantageous
- Exposure to high volume enterprise data management platforms like Oracle, Teradata, Netezza or similar. Oracle 12C or Oracle Exadata is advantageous
- Experience in Agile project teams using Jira and/or Confluence
- Airline domain expertise is advantageous
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Commerce, Business Administration, Operations Research or a related field
For a confidential chat please call Chris Murdoch on