This exciting new role will support the Head of Financial Analysis and Reporting in setting up the finance business intelligence function for a Central Government Department. Initially, this will be focussed on the needs and priorities of the Finance Team itself, with the expectation that services will be offered more widely across the Department in time. The post holder will work closely with the Shared Services Team to develop essential analytical tools to improve forecasting accuracy and for use in the analysis of the affordability of business cases
This role has a wide ranging brief and would particularly suit an individual with an interest in getting behind figures to the root causes.
Day to Day Duties
- Analyse financial data and provide useful information to FBPs and senior finance personnel to improve advice given to policy officials, the Exec Board and Ministers
- Assist in the development of essential analytical tools to improve forecasting accuracy and to provide Finance Business Partners to identify and resolve poor forecasting.
- Support the development of a set of tools for use in the analysis of the affordability of business cases to enable senior managers to make more informed decisions.
- Work with the Commercial team to develop and deliver an efficiency plan for Arm's Lengths Bodies to help drive down costs and deliver value for money.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of benchmarking and other external data that can be used as a knowledge bank for decision making.
- Update and improvement of modelling tool for fiscal events
- Trend analysis, run rates, forecasting and projections
- Costing tools and maintenance of cost models
- Analysis of cost drivers and efficiencies
What you'll get in return
This is an exciting time to join a newly created team and you will play a pivotal role in implementing processes and procedures. You will gain exposure to high level stakeholders including senior personnel outside of finance and your work will be recognised.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.