Payment Reconciliation Officer
Work location - Darlington
Working hours - Monday to Friday between 8am-6pm
Salary - £15,500 pro rata
Contract length - End of December 2017
About the role
Primary Care Support England (PCSE) are looking for multiple Payment Reconciliation Officers to join them in fixed term contract roles. They will be based in their Darlington office and are being offered with a competitive salary and benefits. The roles will be working from Monday to Friday, 8 hours shifts between 8am and 4.30pm.
We are Capita, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through bespoke, quality solutions, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
What you will do
Working under the direction of a supervisor to support the reconciliation of contractor payment claims, you will:
- Analyse payment transactions made to contractors by payment type to capture detailed information for each payment
- Identify and obtain supporting documentation, including required authorisations, source documents and other forms of supporting information for each payment
- Validate payments made to supporting documentation
- Investigation of differences to understand the nature of the transaction and identify possible reasons for the differences
- Document thoroughly findings, variances and other differences that require further investigation
- Match payments to corresponding transactions and adjustments, recording findings fully
- Adhere to required standards for documentation, use of templates, procedures and confidentiality and information security requirements at all times.
- Undertake other tasks as may be required to support the work of the team
Your experience will include
- Experience of financial reconciliations and investigation exercises
- Numerate and experienced in processing financial records
- Methodical and determined in your approach to problem solving
- Good time management and the ability to prioritise workloads to meet challenging deadlines
- Inquisitive and ready to question findings
- Good analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Positive, proactive and adaptable to change
- Experience of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Outlook and Word
- Experience of accounting, book keeping or payment systems
- Accounting / book-keeping experience
- Audit / internal audit experience
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you23 day's holiday, company pension scheme, opportunities to progress within the business and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.