Senior Infrastructure Engineer / Technical Lead
Senior Infrastructure Engineer / Technical Lead - Staines-Upon-Thames - Up to £50k per annum
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer/ Technical Lead to be based near Staines-Upon-Thames on a permanent basis. This role offers a fantastic salary of up to £50000 per annum plus benefits with fantastic opportunities of career progression.
As a member of the Global IT team, the Senior Infrastructure Engineer role is to support the best practice sharing activity and specifically how and which Infrastructure technology can deliver efficiency or competitive advantage to our businesses. The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will be required to support and influence IT teams in the businesses on making technical choices and designing solutions which enable and support business agility and flexibility, using their extensive knowledge of current and new technologies, in order to share innovation and best practises. The Senior Infrastructure Engineer experience required:
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent business experience
- Design, Implementation and Management of IT infrastructure solutions, including network, servers, storage, telecoms and backups
- Delivery and support of customer facing solutions in a 24x7x52 environment.
- Experience of working with and managing suppliers.
- Experience of implementation of physical and virtualized infrastructure platforms
- Experience in design and managing LAN and WAN
- Experience in procuring backup and archiving solutions
- Experience in designing and maintaining Cloud based systems
- Proven experience of creating business continuity and disaster recovery plans
As well as the above the ideal candidate will also include the following:
- Experience of working in multiple cultures and multinational businesses.
- Experience in the technologies: Windows NT domain & server, Virtualisation technologies such as VMWare, Citrix, Hyper-V, Routers and Firewall (i.e. Cisco), SQL Database Systems
- Proficiency in AWS or Azure platforms
- Understanding of Microsoft .net based application architecture.
- Understanding of Agile project methodologies.
- Relevant IT qualifications (ITIL, etc).
- Project management knowledge.
- Overview of IT Infrastructure strategy & roadmap of the relevant business units
- Leadership of the IT Technical community on Tibbr
- Whitepapers on IT technology and solutions recommended as part of the IT best practice
- Facilitation of IT technology workshops
- Recommendation of cost effective technical solutions that meet the needs of the business today, while being flexible to adapt as the business grows and changes
- Key vendor global and local relationships management
- Business continuity and Disaster Recovery recommendations and plans
- Documentation (Case studies, white papers) & Presentations for the support of Group IT