Health and Safety Assistant
Bywaters is London’s premier choice for environmental services; our unique approach to recycling ensures that we will always find a way to reuse, recover or recycle any materials to prevent them from polluting the earth via landfill.
Working with Bywaters is a true partnership; we value our employees just as much as we care about the environment, which is why we consider your personal development and professional satisfaction vital to our future success. If you’re a like- minded individual ready to take the next step in your career then this might be for you!
Your new role:
As a Health and Safety Assistant you will provide general support to the Health and Safety Manager, to ensure all operations are carried out in a safe and compliant manner.
Reporting directly into the Health and Safety Manager, you will be tasked with; maintaining an established safety management system, assisting with training and audits, and managing all related administrative duties.
This role will be based at our Lea Riverside Office and may require you to work shift patterns. On occasions, you may also be required to travel to client sites and complete specified assignments.
Opportunities to complete further training will be available, which could include study for a NEBOSH General Certificate.
A day in this role will include:
- Carrying out risk assessments, accident investigations and full site inspections
- Administering Health and Safety training to new and existing members of staff
- Ensuring all Health and Safety accreditations are kept up-to date
- Assisting with the management of fire safety throughout all buildings
- Conducting audits, producing reports and following up any actions
- Supporting the Health and Safety Manager as directed
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Essential: Experience working within a Health and Safety environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications; Word, Excel, Outlook
- An analytical approach to problem solving and decision making
- The ability to communicate with staff at all levels
- Desirable: NEBOSH, IOSH or any other related Health and Safety qualification, or working toward such qualification(s)
Bywaters is an equal opportunities employer